• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Pics of my "classy" system.

JohnVF

Lunatic Member
Banned
integratedamp.jpg


mediumfisher.jpg


tallfisher.jpg


Hello. I was fooling around with my little digital camera and snapped some pictures of one of my systems. I just wanted to share as I really like how they turned out. It consists of:

Fisher X202b Integrated Amplifier. (tube).
Fisher FM-200b Tuner (tube).
Systemdek IIX turntable. (Not sure why I'd taken the headshell off).
KLH Model 6 loudspeakers.

My only regret is that I wasn't planning on posting these, so I didn't have the tuner on...it's really a beautiful thing with the lights glowing. This system is great for late night listening, putting on some Sinatra and kicking back with some bourbon. I can't believe that when I was growing up, black plastic crap was all the rage...hope you enjoy!
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
What I like best about this set-up (the Fisher components) is that it was bought while out shopping with my father, at a little vintage-audio shop in Akron, Oh. I don't see him much these days, and we've bonded recently over audio equipment. He was into it when he was my age (thirties) and we actually went to the store to find him some speakers so he could reconstruct a bit of his old system. I bought him a pair of Wharfedales...what he'd wanted in the early '70s...the first time in my life where the role was reversed and it was me buying my dad something he didn't really have the money for instead of the other way around. And the dresser was a Salvation Army score...$40, and there were a pair of AR3as sitting on it. (!)

It's a great hobby, no?
 
Thanks, everyone.

Funny thing about placement: see how the amp is under the thermostat? I have a REALLY loud heater in my loft, which totally spoils the listening mood. Well, when the amp heats up, the tubes put out enough heat to keep the air around the thermostat warm, which keeps the heater from coming on. Totally accidental, but a happy accident nonetheless.
 
John, that's really a beautiful setup. And I'm not just saying that because it includes Fisher gear!

Oh, and 100% WAF. Or GFAF, as the case may be!:D
 
John, that's really a beautiful setup. And I'm not just saying that because it includes Fisher gear!

Oh, and 100% WAF. Or GFAF, as the case may be!:D

Thanks...it's only passes the WAF/GFAF if you don't turn to the right and see the big stack of speakers against the wall or the rack of 20 receivers by the back door! Living in a loft is a pain...you have to be creative about hiding things. I like things that look as good as they sound, though. The 'non-classy' system can get pretty ghetto looking depending on what's running.

That's the tuner I brought to the Chicago AK fest.
 
JohnVF, "Piss Elegant", I know that doesn't sound very nice but, it's a very high complement. Indeed:thmbsp:

Craig

Now, doesn't that mean there's a bit of pretense involved? An overly self-conscious attempt at elegance? If so...that's me totally!
 
My first reaction was "Oh my!" Darn, that looks good. I have a soft spot for the classic tubed Fisher gear, it just looks "right". And coupled with KLH 6's, that is a match made in heaven. Very cool, John. Congrats!:music:
 
Oh, man...I stopped by the Salvation Army today on the way to my girlfriend's and they have the credenza that matches the dresser in these pictures! It's a 1958 Drexel....for furniture collectors that's a serious score, but I have no way to transport it until later this week, and nowhere to really put it in my place. If you think speakers are big...try collecting dressers!

Oh, and yes the Fishers sound great with the KLH 6s.
 
Back
Top Bottom