• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Pics of my "classy" system.

Oh, man...I stopped by the Salvation Army today on the way to my girlfriend's and they have the credenza that matches the dresser in these pictures! It's a 1958 Drexel....for furniture collectors that's a serious score, but I have no way to transport it until later this week, and nowhere to really put it in my place. If you think speakers are big...try collecting dressers!

Oh, and yes the Fishers sound great with the KLH 6s.


WOW, who is getting rid of this furniture? :sigh:

Your whole setup is top-notch! And like what was already mentioned, the KLH 6's are icing on the cake.

Nice. :thmbsp:
 
Hmm, is it just me or is the tt missing a cartridge? I'm surprised noones mentioned it yet.

Btw great looking system, absolutely beautiful. Its the sort of system I would want to come home to after a cold snowy day, just to put my feet up and relax with some mellow tunes.
 
Hmm, is it just me or is the tt missing a cartridge? I'm surprised noones mentioned it yet.

Good eye! I had taken the headshell off as right before I took the picture I took the AT-150mlx cartridge off of the systemdek here and put it on my linear tracing Mitsubishi in my other system. The onboard phono pre in the Fisher is really nice sounding, and works well with the AT.

Cheers! I hope to take a couple of pictures of other pieces laying around. I've gotten a couple "this thread is worthless without pictures" that I need to make good on.
 
I think "classy" really fits your system to a T.
BTW: Have you recapped the KLH 6 speakers yet?
I recapped my KLH's last year.....BIG improvement!
LOTS of info on this forum on how to recap speakers.

Steve
 
I've ALWAYS been more concerned about the functional system rather than the classy one. I personally don't give a rip what mine looks like as long as it sounds good. It's ALL about the music for me.

That being said - that is a very nice looking setup. You have skills.
 
Very pretty system -- I'm envious! :thmbsp: Photoshopped your middle picture -- couldn't help myself, it was so pretty. :D

attachment.php
 
Last edited:
Very pretty system -- I'm envious! :thmbsp: Photoshopped your middle picture -- couldn't help myself, it was so pretty. :D

Thank you! I don't know what happened to that picture when I uploaded it. I messed with the levels in iPhoto but it ended up all washed out online. Gave it that faded '50s photo look?

My other system(s) are a hodge podge of whatever I feel like listening to, so I decided to have one system that would look as good as it sounds...so I put all the lovely wood-grained pieces together, got the Howard's refinisher out and went to town, even on the dresser, which took out some nasty scapes put on it by the wonderful crew at Salvation Army.

The airplane is what looks to be a tin approximation of an F4U Corsair fighter that I found at an antique mall, hopefully about the same vintage as the rest of the system to keep up the theme. It's probably ten years older, actually.

It really does sound as good as it looks, and it's by sheer luck at finding it all in the past year and also having bought from a first-rate tech (George at Akron Antique Audio). If anybody here lives in NE Ohio and needs tube gear worked on, he is top notch and a very very nice guy. His gear isn't cheap, but you are getting what you pay for.

Cheers everyone and I'm humbled that you all like it.
 
Ok, John, we are digging your system. But is there anyway you can take a new photo with the headshell on the turntable ? That would make it perfect.

Looking good, my man.

Snade
 
Ok, John, we are digging your system. But is there anyway you can take a new photo with the headshell on the turntable ? That would make it perfect.

Looking good, my man.

Snade

Actually, Snade...you actually gave me the idea of putting these pieces on the '50s dresser. I was googling Allison speakers for some reason and a thread of your's came up with this picture:

marantz4.jpg


so I thought that looked fantastic (it really does...beautiful set up) and here are the results. I only regret that I heard them for a very brief moment at the Chicago get together as I was upstairs listening.

I'll see if my camera has a charge for the headshell pic..I don't think it does.
 
Ok, John, we are digging your system. But is there anyway you can take a new photo with the headshell on the turntable ? That would make it perfect.

Looking good, my man.

Snade

Ok...happy now? Geez.
Fm-200bnight.jpg

Just kidding. I've never had this Signet cartridge on this TT before..sounds pretty decent!
 
Back
Top Bottom