• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Pics of your listening space

hannavm.jpg

My minimalist system.
Holst.jpg

room.jpg


And here's what happened when I had the Winsome Mouse in my livingroom.

mousecats.jpg
 
Very nice, Anders. I'll trade you straight across....laser block for the coffee table. :D

LOL - And how am I supposed to drink my coffee from a laser block, not to mention putting the feet up...? Do'h I did not say that did I :D


It's a bit funny I did not think about it before, but all the furniture in the pic is vintage and older than any audio gear I have.


Oh my – Holst. Witch dark wizard turned you’re whole family into cats? And how do you keep them from scratching the gear? :)
 
Yamaha B-2 love your rack but those wires drive me crazy a simple suggestion. If you make some foam board pieces that would fit between the rack and the back of your gear the cabling could go over the back of it and be out of sight. A little careful painting and you could have it match your walls small Velcro tabs in the corners could hold it in place yet be super easy to remove.

A gap of a couple inches behind each row of gear could make hooking up cables pretty easy.

Not sure if there is a WAF in this system but I know mine would think hiding the cables a good thing.

P.S. Love those amps!
 
Mark W. - Thankfully, the only WAF is when she shakes her head in amazement that I have another piece of gear. Once upon a time I routed all the wiring in 2" black plastic tubing. AC power in separate tubes from signal wiring. But, with all the changing of gear it became such a PITA that I gave it up. And, I actually like the "industrial" look. Guess that is left over from my years in the research lab. :D
 
pioneersystem-old_zpsb0a82add.jpg




I know, I know, this pic is terrible. My sweety just got a new Nikon D200 for her b-day so better pix will be forthcoming. :thmbsp:

Plus I am going to resize the shelves to re-situate the cassette decks.

*Edit, new picture of setup now on page 115*
 
Last edited:
I know, I know, these pics are terrible. My sweety just got a new Nikon D200 for her b-day so better pix will be forthcoming. :thmbsp:
Those first pictures, the way they loaded side by side, had me going for a few seconds. I've never encountered a room with a wall that angled in like that...I wonder how that affects his acoustics...wow - that's some sloppy carpentry on that rack...(Sometimes I tend NOT to notice the little details and jump to interesting conclusions.)

Impressive silver-faced symmetry.
 
wow - that's some sloppy carpentry on that rack... Impressive silver-faced symmetry.
The rack is the IVAR stuff from IKEA, nothing special for sure. It will undergo some changes soon to make it look better, and there will be a CT-F9191 under each RT reel to further the whole symmetry motif. I do not like stacking and want each cassette deck on its own shelf.
 
Oldskool, while I was trying to edit my post to make it clear how your first two pictures loaded side by side on my computer to give the impression of a very strange room: you responded. I wasn't knocking your rack - as seen in your last picture, it looks very nice. It's just that when your first two images loaded, as they did on my clunky old Mac, side by side - the two halves of your rack didn't quite match up.

I realized, when I posted and my quote loaded your first two pictures one on top of the other, that: not everyone out there is going to see what I'm seeing (depending on how their screen displays the images) and my post is going to make no sense....not that that is all that unusual. Sorry, OldSkool - I certainly prefer honest wood racks to metal, plastic or particleboard.
 
No worries at all ! :) I bought the IVAR stuff because it goes up & back down literally in seconds, is deep enough to accommodate my receiver readily, and is very sturdy for what you pay for it. Notice the SX1250 doesnt even phase the shelf its on. I am, however, going to narrow down the center shelves, and widen the two outside 'wings' to accommodate the CT-F9191s. :yes:
 
How about a beer can next to that new amp there. 170 lbs was it? Mabey just amp...Heck give us the chain, pre then source...
OK.....got a beer bottle from a neighbor and took the MC602 with a Coors (ugh) longneck on it. Is quite a large amp. I think it will reside right where it is for a while. :yes: Sounding better and better with some run-time on the clock.

MC602w-BeerBottle-1.jpg
 
Nice room B-2, I like the bicycle.

But you have some strange kind of blue/green glowing stuff laying around; it blocks the view to the Yammies. You really need to clean this room, even it might be a little heavy for a normal vacuum cleaner :D

Oh and I spotted a box :)
 
Nice room B-2, I like the bicycle.

But you have some strange kind of blue/green glowing stuff laying around; it blocks the view to the Yammies. You really need to clean this room, even it might be a little heavy for a normal vacuum cleaner :D

Oh and I spotted a box :)
Thank you. And, yes :yes:, that's your box. I have the correct outside box for it to fit inside once you've decided how to handle. No hurry. Is safely out-of-the-way.
 
To Powerman

POWERMAN, :jawdrop:
I envy you. That's all I can say.:music:
Make it SING:sing: LOUD and OFTEN :hdphones:


:thmbsp:
 
Back
Top Bottom