• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Pics of your listening space

german 60/70s space-age-hifi from rosita with phillips & grundig:



That is too cool !

I've been looking for a "2005" made by Weltron:

weltron2005.jpg
 
Here's my newest space, still a work in progress, but it's getting there.. SLOWLY... a shot of the "from seat" and "of the seat"

It's still not cleaned up, so excuse the mess, but I think you get the idea...

attachment.php


I noticed the first UK album on the floor. great album!!
 
New pics...

Finally got around to taking some updated shots of my studio/man cave space. Not much to show off in the way of "listening" gear, but it's always changing (albeit slowly). Pardon my photography skills - some of these seem a bit blurry...

picture.php

Main work area: general use PC w/dual monitors and Creative Audigy sound card (5.1 surround) running WinXP, Patch Wizard, and Soundfonts - production PC w/ dual monitors and EMU 1212m sound card (analog, S/PDIF, ADAT, & MIDI I/O) running WinXP, and Cakewalk Sonar, (not seen) Sherwood RX-4109 receiver w/ phono pre (drives rear far-field monitors), Aiwa "all-in-one" am/fm CD cassette unit (driving front near-field monitors).


picture.php

Back wall and "general use" desk: Aiwa speakers (thrift store rescues), & Pioneer PL12D tt (see closeups).


picture.php

Mixing desk close up: (from top) Behringer DI800 (converts the RCA analog outs of Fostex recorder to balanced/line-level signal), Behringer 48 point balanced patch bay (x 2), Tube Works Real Tube RT-902 tubed overdrive/distortion unit, (left of rack) Tapco Link.MIDI 4x4 MIDI interface, Alesis Nanoverb (digital reverb/effects processor), (on desktop) Fostex DMT-8vl hard disc digital multitracker, Tascam TM-D1000 16 channel/4 bus digital mixer & software control surface, (on keyboard tray) Saitek Cyborg Command gaming pad (creates and saves quick keyboard shortcuts within any software), Alesis SR-16 drum machine & MIDI controller.


picture.php

More toys: (top) Line6 AX2 digital modeling guitar amp, (bottom) Pioneer GR-408 7 band graphic eq, Sansui SE-300 7 band graphic eq, Sony TC-WR510 cassette deck.


picture.php

Akai 1800-SS.


picture.php

Pioneer PL12D.


picture.php

Pioneer PL12D (w/Bat Out Of Hell picture disc).


picture.php

Pioneer PL12D (w/Sure M97x cartridge).


picture.php

~Maxx's wall of fame: black '89 Japanese Strat (a work in progress), some fave albums (Bat Out Of Hell, Queen II, & Extreme II: Pornograffitti), and some fave artists (Jim Steinman, Buddy Guy, Nuno Bettencourt, & Stevie Ray Vaughan).


picture.php

The Purple Midget!! ~Maxx's Prince collection.
 
very nice! very funtional.
Thanks Tim. I've put quite a bit of time into the arrangement, and it's gone through several "do-overs" the last couple of years given the small space I have. I could really use some flat response monitors. But they're so darned expensive! Short term I'm thinking of adding another patch bay, and getting a 4-in/4-out or 8-in/8-out sub mixer for the reel to reel and drum machine. Kicking around the idea of building a custom turntable as well. But maybe I should finish that Strat first! :scratch2:
 
This one's a little outdated...

IMG_5227.jpg


The record player above has been ousted. This is my favorite corner of the system now:

IMG_6935.jpg

Im mostly into solid state stuff with nice machined alloy. thats one of the best looking amps I think ive ever seen, thats beautiful and I love the simplicity of the face with the crazy wood grain and one dial so simple and the craft and the stainles top. thats a gorgeous amp
 
Last edited:
Views of my man cave (aka the Family room) I am going to get some album frames for my few records (Yes I know I don't have a turn table at the moment) and I thought the "get blown away" picture would look really cool above the futon, but aside from that and some paint my cave is shaping up.

Here is a panorama of the room
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php


And the rack
attachment.php


And one more pic, this is my favorite time, kicking back and watching the sunset to music.:thmbsp:
attachment.php
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0297s.jpg
    IMG_0297s.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 1,267
  • IMG_0289s.jpg
    IMG_0289s.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 1,270
  • IMG_0313s.jpg
    IMG_0313s.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 1,270
  • IMG_0277s.jpg
    IMG_0277s.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 1,256
  • IMG_0312s.jpg
    IMG_0312s.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 1,265
  • IMG_0200s.jpg
    IMG_0200s.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 1,246
I should have went with my original instinct. I used to own a pair of Mirage 595is speakers. You have a good room for them as they need to be far away from walls to take full advantage or their potential. Very nice speakers!
 
Nice room opossumcrush. I wish I could make such good use of my own little space. Is that an Epiphone next to your PC desk? I can't make out the logo, but that's not a Fender head stock. Just curious...
 
Back
Top Bottom