• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

I got My dream Speakers!!!

brad1138

Active Member
I got my Dream Speakers!!! :banana::D:banana:

Just got home with a pair of Mirage M-3sis in "very good" condition as per Audiogon. I have wanted a pair of these since the mid 90's when I first heard them. Haven't had a chance to hook them up yet (or even unbox them) but I will post pictures and reviews ASAP :D:D:D

Brad
 
Register to hide this ad
even with no pics yet, congratulations. I hope they are everything you dreamed them to be.
That is one item you can scratch off your upgrade list....
 
IMG_8506s.jpg

IMG_8298.jpg

IMG_8510s.jpg

IMG_8516s.jpg

IMG_8509s.jpg



Ok, I got them hooked up and some Pix. I don't know what to say, I got a shiver up my spine and for the first time in my life, tears came to my eyes while listening to music :) I haven't even put the Spikes in yet or bi-wired them.

My amp is a little underpowered for them (100wpc into 8ohms - 150 into 4 ohms) The M-3sis are 6 ohm, but it is doing better than I expected. Also I know the 16 gauge wire is too small, I am going to bi-wire them with 14 gauge which I think would effectively be 12 gauge. The only negative so far is that the fabric "socks" are faded on the back side a bit, they were in a very bright room, but the drivers show no sign of damage.

Their sound is wonderful, the soundstage is awesome. There's nothing I can say that hasn't been said in reviews before except maybe **WooHoo** :D

Brad
 
Congrats, Everything matches really nice. Are you running two subs, and if so, they look to be different. Have you had any issues with that configuration?

I'm attempting to run two separate brand subs in my home theater, and so far have enjoyed the results.
 
Awesome... On a few levels..
Awesome Speakers
Awesome that you got them
but most important
Awesome that you actually knew what your DREAM speakers were... And got them..

Most people I know (including myself) couldnt pick a "Dream Speaker", guaranteeing that we will never feel that UTTER contentment that you must be experiencing..

I'm envious.
 
Very,Very nice score those are some Great speakers! Congrats and BTW Parts Express has 12Ga wire on sale Cheap!
 
Thanks everyone, I couldn't be happier. I am really anxious to kick back and enjoy them, still have to redo wiring and ad spikes etc... I also have to figure out where the Def Tech BP-10s and Athena S2s that these replaced are going, my wife says it looks like a HiFi store in the family room :D

Are you running two subs, and if so, they look to be different. Have you had any issues with that configuration?

Yes, I am running 2. The sub on the left is a Polk PSW 450 and on the right is a Velodyne ULD15. The Velodyne is definitely the better more powerful sub but my room is big and I came across the Polk (for free :D) so I tried it in the system, it works really well to help fill the room. I also have a JBL Sub12 which I don't use, when I tried it, it didn't match well at all with the Velodyne. I think it is luck of the draw to some extent. I have balanced everything by ear and think I have done pretty well, The Velodyne goes all the way down to 14 Hz :thmbsp: where the Polk is about 25 Hz but together they shake the room very well.

More info on the whole system (pre M-3sis) can be found here:http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=224669

Thanks again,
Brad
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom