• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Pics of your listening space

Looking good RC!

Is that the new fridge in the backround?

:D

I also noticed some tubes & boxes down by the amps, doing a little experimenting?

:D

Retro


Yup, thats the new fridge warming up for its own 5 year meltdown.

Those are the the boxes for the 6FW8's Jay gave me to try out in place of the 6922's (also from Jay).


I like Jay :yes:

RC
 
i did a few changes to my main rig.
i replaced the paradisea dac with a Audio-GD dac3SE.
And a Musiland Monitor 01USD (USB to digital out converter) replaced the esi maya44 in feeding the dac.

here is the musiland monitor 01 USD on top of the small pc i built into a old MD-deck:
audionew001.jpg


audionew002.jpg



here is the Audio-GD dac3SE:
audionew003.jpg


audionew004.jpg


and here is the whole system:
audionew005.jpg
 
Here are my 2 systems.

The shelf is in the dining room. Speaker cables through the wall to the living room.

The Sony TA 1130 is temporarily replacing the MC 2100 (with T. DeWick)

Happy listening!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0783.jpg
    IMG_0783.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 195
  • IMG_0795.jpg
    IMG_0795.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 188
  • IMG_0797.jpg
    IMG_0797.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 290
  • IMG_0798.jpg
    IMG_0798.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 197
  • IMG_0801.jpg
    IMG_0801.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 331
Flatwounds, nice setup!

What do you think of the 1120?

Hello Vinyldavid!

You know, I think it sounds pretty damn good. Not as detailed (but very good) as the Mc 2100.

I have the NAD preamp and the yaqin tube buffer in front of it and I am happy with it.

Do you have one?
 
It changes a little every week. New Symdex Gamma speakers now. Made a little dolly for the amplifier now that it's on spikes. Can't slide it around like before. And at 90 lbs. I'm sure not gonna pick it up by myself.
 

Attachments

  • symdex gamma ksa system.jpg
    symdex gamma ksa system.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 272
  • symdex front and side.jpg
    symdex front and side.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 165
My wife has been away for a week. This is what happens to the living room when she's gone.
 

Attachments

  • System wifes away2c.jpg
    System wifes away2c.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 696
  • System wifes away3c.jpg
    System wifes away3c.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 555
latest:

IMG_1423.jpg


Here's my system as it stands today....
the Hafler dh200, Tascam 122 are not working, but just sitting there.....the Advents are just speaker stands, now...the KEF's are a world better.

Here's the rest:
Teac X-3 R2R
Tascam 34B R2R
PreSonus Inspire 1394 (same as yours, Peter)
Pioneer audio timer
ProJect Xpression III
Shure V15III cart with SuperTrack Stylus
JVC 4DD-5 CD-4 demodulator (modified to remove all filtering)
Pioneer QL-600A as a preamp (the 2ch side of it is a very neutral pre)
Kenwood KT-7500 tuner
Sony DVD player
Realistic TR-803 8 track player
Tascam 122b cassette deck (balanced I/O, but out of alignment)
Akai GX912 cassette deck
JBL 6230 power amp
hafler DH-200 (needs new driver transistors)
KEF C40 speakers
Wire is whatever I can get.

Waiting in the wings are: Panasonic AG1960 SVHS editor, Otari MX5050BIIHD, Teac A3340S (puttin that back into the system to record on the older tape I have)
 
new reel 2 reel setup, my akai gx must go :scratch2:

attachment.php


attachment.php
 

Attachments

  • pioneer_rt-909_02_pla.jpg
    pioneer_rt-909_02_pla.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 1,350
  • pioneer_rt-909_03.jpg
    pioneer_rt-909_03.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 1,349
That must sound lifelike at modest power!!! and holy LP's.......I see the bass guitar in there,how are your chops coming along?

cheers

Actually, I'm not real happy with the sound of it right now. It sound great for the TV, but I really need to get some tubes back on the Altecs, and then get the crossover dialed in.. .

Haven't really played any... just plucked at it a few time to see how it sounded, and get a little bit of a feel for the new bass... I like it a lot.. completely different sound from my Washburn
Holy crap Similost, look at the size of the speakers, wow. And who cares about the "mess", it's YOUR room....lolol. Great stuff....:thmbsp:

Yeah.. I figure if nothing else, I could just open the door, turn it up, and just blow all the crap outta the room.. :D

I don't get it.Are you talking about the diffusors? :D

I guess I missed this.. right over my head...
 
Last edited:
I must have drooled at that image for hours before I finally noticed the bass guitar beside the right A7. That space must be something else Similost.

I really am enjoying the space. It's been pretty cool to flop on an album, walk into the work room right next to this, then stand there and stare at the mess while I open the fridge and grab a beer... then I go sit back down and listen a few and wish I had the energy to finish everything up. I do love the fact I can do anything down there as far as decorating and not have to worry about what my wife thinks..
 
My current system: Onkyo TX-8011 stereo receiver, RCA Lab-1200 TT (not too shabby for a plastic, will upgrade soon), Pioneer TX6500II tuner & CT-F6262 deck, Realistic Optimus 1000s. Got my BASF & Maxell tapes and spinning some Steely Dan as I shoot these pics.
 

Attachments

  • P1020757.jpg
    P1020757.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 304
  • P1020754.jpg
    P1020754.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 306
  • P1020755.jpg
    P1020755.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 284
Back
Top Bottom