• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Pics of your listening space

My current system: Onkyo TX-8011 stereo receiver, RCA Lab-1200 TT (not too shabby for a plastic, will upgrade soon), Pioneer TX6500II tuner & CT-F6262 deck, Realistic Optimus 1000s. Got my BASF & Maxell tapes and spinning some Steely Dan as I shoot these pics.

Nice little system there - looks like it could keep you happy for quite awhile :banana:
 
one space

first floor system is tough to show all at once, since the machines are in the corner, and the speakers live up on the bridge that connects the 2 lofts,so its perched kinda over the other third of the main living dining space, 90degrees from the machinery 1st fl tunes.jpg

1st fl tunes 2.jpg

1st fl tunes 3.jpg
 
another space

basement love, telly system to the left(more or less),big love centerish, mellow love to the right, big love is running the jbls with wharfedales piggybacked, dynacos run dynacos(nice and smooth), and the old girl on top is running the old speaks on either side of the sub under the teewee.basement love.jpg

basement love 2.jpg

basement love 3.jpg
 
Hey bobaloniny that Dunlap Clarke Dreadnaught 500 is the bomb :thmbsp:

Tanks man, it brought the basement to a whole nother level(its about 4 foot out of the ground now). Got it from Beemer last month, and its been a great source of pleasure and amazement ever since (and I think I may be the first on my block to have one). Eventually I'll find some speakers that are deserving and more equal to the task, but the jbl/ wharfe combo is holding its own for now.
 
I notice you've got a pair of Elac bookshelf speakers, BS 243? How are they? Powered by the Cambridge amp? Great setup you've got there.

Thank you!
actually they are BS 244 ( i think the large DAC made them look smaller)
They sound great. It's my 3rd pair elacs and i have only good things to say about them. Powerful sound, but maybe not for someone how want ultra clean / sterile sound. I use a powered sub (Elac Bass 130 Active) but it's just a small addition. The speakers can handle the lows surprisingly well considering their small size.
The cambridge powers them fine with 120W @ 4 OHM
 
Please ignore the dirt and the lazy shooting
I don't know why the pictures are so blocky.
I wanna get dual 150 watt monoblocks and a better TT.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php
 

Attachments

  • DSCN0040.jpg
    DSCN0040.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 1,531
  • DSCN0035.jpg
    DSCN0035.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 1,544
  • DSCN0034.jpg
    DSCN0034.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 1,526
  • DSCN0033.jpg
    DSCN0033.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 1,535
  • DSCN0024.jpg
    DSCN0024.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 1,549
Last edited:
Sony rack with latest acquisition

Attached is a recent shot of my Sony ES "lab" shelf unit with my latest and most anticipated acquisition, a CDP-X707ES.

So from top to bottom there is a CDP-XA20ES on top of a TA-F700ES Integrated Amp, then down to the amazing CDP-X707ES, then to a CDP-X777ES on top of an STR-GX9ES Receiver. On the next shelf down is a TA-E77ESD, TA-N77ES Preamp/Amp combo and finally to another great combo, a TA-E90ES and TA-N90ES.

In front of the shelf are a pair of Sony SS-M7's and stacked beside it are, this time from bottom to top, a pair of Infinity Monitor IIa's that I've owned since new, JBL 4310's, Sony APM-22ES's, and sitting on the top shelf a pair of Infinity Infinitesimal 0.1's. Out of the shot and off to one side of the room are a pair of Ohm Walsh 2's. All three CD Players are connected to all of the sources of amplification, which can be played through any of the speaker pairs.

The room in which all of this is contained is way too small but I'm just working with what I've got.
 

Attachments

  • rack_latest_sm.jpg
    rack_latest_sm.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 292
Please ignore the dirt and the lazy shooting
I don't know why the pictures are so blocky.
I wanna get dual 150 watt monoblocks and a better TT.

Get a better cassette deck and turntable before you get monoblocks.
Your receiver is better than you might think.
 
Last edited:
I should get a nice sony cassette deck in the mail when ever it is shipped.
And yes, A new TT is on my list of stuff to get, not that my current one is bad, its just that its my weak spot, to bad there are like a million brands to go with.
 
Last edited:
Hello Vinyldavid!

You know, I think it sounds pretty damn good. Not as detailed (but very good) as the Mc 2100.

I have the NAD preamp and the yaqin tube buffer in front of it and I am happy with it.

Do you have one?

No, I have a TA-1055, a small 22wpc integrated, but I just cannot stop listening to it....it now lives at school in a room that I am always in with some Realistic Minimus-12's for my listening pleasure. My only issue with it is that it does not have enough power to drive anything large to the levels I like. Sounds really nice, though...
 
Thank you! actually they are BS 244 ( i think the large DAC made them look smaller)
They sound great. It's my 3rd pair elacs and i have only good things to say about them. Powerful sound, but maybe not for someone how want ultra clean / sterile sound. I use a powered sub (Elac Bass 130 Active) but it's just a small addition. The speakers can handle the lows surprisingly well considering their small size.
The cambridge powers them fine with 120W @ 4 OHM

Yes, I just took delivery of a pair of BS244 myself last week, they are certainly an awesome set of speakers.
 
Attached is a recent shot of my Sony ES "lab" shelf unit with my latest and most anticipated acquisition, a CDP-X707ES.

So from top to bottom there is a CDP-XA20ES on top of a TA-F700ES Integrated Amp, then down to the amazing CDP-X707ES, then to a CDP-X777ES on top of an STR-GX9ES Receiver. On the next shelf down is a TA-E77ESD, TA-N77ES Preamp/Amp combo and finally to another great combo, a TA-E90ES and TA-N90ES.

In front of the shelf are a pair of Sony SS-M7's and stacked beside it are, this time from bottom to top, a pair of Infinity Monitor IIa's that I've owned since new, JBL 4310's, Sony APM-22ES's, and sitting on the top shelf a pair of Infinity Infinitesimal 0.1's. Out of the shot and off to one side of the room are a pair of Ohm Walsh 2's. All three CD Players are connected to all of the sources of amplification, which can be played through any of the speaker pairs.

The room in which all of this is contained is way too small but I'm just working with what I've got.
Nice Coastsider. Nice MoPads too!
 
Nice Coastsider. Nice MoPads too!

Thanks. They are perfect for protecting and isolating one stacked speaker from the other(s) and in the case of the 4310's, place them at almost perfect near field monitor height and tilted position. A great find.
 

Attachments

  • 4310_mopads.jpg
    4310_mopads.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:
Back to vintage for me, this is an update (much needed for those who care)

I finally comprised a better systems IMO,.

Denon dcd-520
Denon pma-777 gold
Technics sl-b20 w AT102EP
Technics sb-a63 4 way mains
Realistic LAB40 headphones titanium

:thmbsp::smoke:
 
Last edited:
Thanks rockin.
Sometime I plan to paint the walls orange. I want to reveener the speakers sometime.
Your room looks quite nice.
 
Back
Top Bottom