• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Pics of your listening space

Hi,

yes, it´s a Sony ;) 2251. The plint is selfmade for 12" tonearms. The amp is a Accuphase E-303, built in the mid 70´s.

Sascha
 
Hi,

yes, it´s a Sony ;) 2251. The plint is selfmade for 12" tonearms. The amp is a Accuphase E-303, built in the mid 70´s.

Sascha

Wow, that's a nice job on that plinth. I like how you carried over the name placard. I have plans to do something similar to my 2251 if I ever come across a good tonearm for it. So many projects, so little time. It sounds great as is, but the arm on it right now is the weakness.

I was thinking Accuphase but wasn't sure...thank you for the information. I really do love that setup.
 
great "cat on stereo" picture...

picture.php
 
4242686635_306499eb24_b.jpg


Picked up the Marimekko fabric on stretcher bars yesterday. Now that that big wall is no longer blank the place looks presentable. Well... not really. Our place is always kind of a mess. I like how it makes the TV look smaller though. I hate when the TV is the focal point of a room.

The painting on the upper left was a trash pick from my old practice space. Also note the baby blue Motorola tube clock radio on the mantle in the middle left hand corner. Behind the shot is a 2x4 Expedit about 2/3 full of records, a 50's floor lamp, a Rothko print, and many books.

The CDs pictured are my wife's (Yes, we keep them separate.). The turntable and the rest of the gear are stashed below in the the entertainment center. Eventually I want to rearrange a little and get the speakers spaced out and up on some stands. The pink chairs are definitely staying though. :D
 
4242686635_306499eb24_b.jpg


Picked up the Marimekko fabric on stretcher bars yesterday. Now that that big wall is no longer blank the place looks presentable. Well... not really. Our place is always kind of a mess. I like how it makes the TV look smaller though. I hate when the TV is the focal point of a room.

The painting on the upper left was a trash pick from my old practice space. Also note the baby blue Motorola tube clock radio on the mantle in the middle left hand corner. Behind the shot is a 2x4 Expedit about 2/3 full of records, a 50's floor lamp, a Rothko print, and many books.

The CDs pictured are my wife's (Yes, we keep them separate.). The turntable and the rest of the gear are stashed below in the the entertainment center. Eventually I want to rearrange a little and get the speakers spaced out and up on some stands. The pink chairs are definitely staying though. :D
thats a cool space , dig the wall covering
 
very nice and classic looking zimbo.

maybe one day when my kids are old enough, i can start displaying my gears like that....

very nice...:thmbsp:
 
A few changes in the last couple years.

Previously:

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showpost.php?p=1412335&postcount=175

Now:


Still have the Sony C-77ES CDP, Parasound D/AC-1000 DAC, RCA MI-4288-J's, Velodyne VA-1012II. The Sherwood S5500III isn't connected, just there for looks/nostalgia as it was my first "hifi" tube component - and I don't have any better place to put it right now!

New: Cary SLP 30, Kenwood KT-7300, Denon DP-45F TT and replaced the JBL 001 system with something newer...JBL 4425's.

Also added new 6L6's to the amps, and a couple IKEA shag rugs on the walls for sound absorption!
 
I like them enough to have sold my "never will sell" speakers!

Really, they are great little speakers...I wouldn't argue that they are the best ever, though there isn't much else in their current price range that I think compares.

Excellent imaging and very clear highs. Smooth overall response, though a little shy on the bottom and they did not surpass the JBL 130 driver for womens voice, but the remainder of the presentation far exceeds the former.
 
Back
Top Bottom