• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Pics of your listening space

dsc0174t.jpg


dsc0182g.jpg


dsc0197u.jpg


dsc0198zz.jpg


Need to tidy up some wires, and build some proper stands for my Quads, but overall i'm pretty pleased with this setup :music:
 
Last edited:
I wonder how long this thread would be if we didn't see the same pictures over and over. Isn't there an easy way to quote someone's relevant test without showing their pictures?
 
...Isn't there an easy way to quote someone's relevant test without showing their pictures?

Of course. You do it exactly the same way I just did it. You hit "Quote", and then you delete everything you don't want to show.

If you're quoting a post with pics, just hit "Quote", and then delete everything in between the .....[IMG] tags.

If you're quoting a post that has quoted pics left in it, they won't show in your post.
 
This room is 5 by 5m's. It doesn't have much character yet as it needs way more vinyl from floor to ceiling:). Speakers are DIY Visaton B-200's, Amp in DIY rack is a tiny Dayens Ampino, and front end is my home made plinth/tonearm 401 with 103R. The phono stage is a Trichord Dino mk1 re-housed in a wooden case. The Tuner is a Denon TU-1500AE.
No more Shanling A3000, eh? You're the only other person on the wold-wide-interweb whom I knew with one.

I see from your post in the "Crossroads" thread that you've gone more DIY. Sounds like you've been on quite a journey with all this. I hope it's been a good balance of fun along with the restlessness.
 
what I came home with in the last 3 days

OK, I know this post is supposed to be about listening rooms but I guess right now my kitchen is my listening room as I come home with so much new stuff to test out and then integrate into the house. And I'm having just as much fun with it all as if I had a dedicated listening room! And the wine's close by too!!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_6130.jpg
    IMG_6130.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 455
OK, I know this post is supposed to be about listening rooms but I guess right now my kitchen is my listening room as I come home with so much new stuff to test out and then integrate into the house. And I'm having just as much fun with it all as if I had a dedicated listening room! And the wine's close by too!!

Speakers ...... it's whats for dinner.
 
OK, I know this post is supposed to be about listening rooms but I guess right now my kitchen is my listening room as I come home with so much new stuff to test out and then integrate into the house. And I'm having just as much fun with it all as if I had a dedicated listening room! And the wine's close by too!!

That is after all, what its all about! I take it the dishwasher isnt being used much at the moment.:D
 
.....I put the C39 pre-amp back in the mix this evening....got it back from Terry DeWick about 9 months ago, but what I was getting at the time from my C26 wasn't broke, so I didn't fix it....finally got tired of no remote and switched it out....quickly remembered why I like it much better than the C26....I can put the volume of the surrounds on the remote by coming straight from the pre-amp's outputs marked surround....and the frequency is cut automatically internally from 127 hz to 6.5K hz, perfect for surrounds.....

.....then, I just send stereo signals to two Paradigm X-30 active crossovers, and they're the brains of sending properly cut signals to 10 other channels....2 plus 10 is 12....pictures following....yes, that's my hair in the reflection....had to use horrible yellow overhead lighting....and, I moved the Paradigms to the center of the pre-amp for the second shot, and have decided to leave them that way......
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom