• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Pics of your listening space

No more Shanling A3000, eh? You're the only other person on the wold-wide-interweb whom I knew with one.

I see from your post in the "Crossroads" thread that you've gone more DIY. Sounds like you've been on quite a journey with all this. I hope it's been a good balance of fun along with the restlessness.

Hi Brett a, hows it going:) yip the A3000 is gone and lots of money spent (waisted) since then. All a great learning curve and a blend of consumer/DIY works very well. I'm at peace with myself:)

Have a good one,

James.
 
Umm, I don't think so. Don't think those set him back that much.
.....you're right, Art, they didn't set me back that much....gave 37 bucks for the six footers, and 29 for the 3 footers....but, that's at 20% off for a bulk order and free shipping....they deliver a wonderfully crisp transparency to the speakers....I don't play the expensive cable games that usually rape buyers out of hundreds.....
 
.....you're right, Art, they didn't set me back that much....gave 37 bucks for the six footers, and 29 for the 3 footers....but, that's at 20% off for a bulk order and free shipping....they deliver a wonderfully crisp transparency to the speakers....I don't play the expensive cable games that usually rape buyers out of hundreds.....

I believe those are Sonic Impact cables from PE? If they are yes they are great sounding cables especially at their price point. I have several pair myself but I don't hear much banter about them.
 
Man that's alot of cords!

Very nice!
.....thanks, Clyde....I've built this system over about 10 years....it was the best I could do considering the budget I've had to stay with, new Mac is staggering....my McIntosh stuff was bought used, except for my dvd/cd player....McIntosh systems are usually built one piece at a time, new or used.....
 
I believe those are Sonic Impact cables from PE? If they are yes they are great sounding cables especially at their price point. I have several pair myself but I don't hear much banter about them.
.....no, Motorstereo, they're not from Parts Express....where I got them is not a sponsor of AK, so I'll have to say check out Zebra Cables at the bottom of the page....I got a 22 foot 110 electrical cable from Zebra Cables, and it's worked out great.....
 
.....Art, do they really look that cheap? :D....I changed out all my ultra-cheap rca's at the same time with the ones in the picture, and had a couple of 12 footers in the mix that came off and went into a box....after the change, the front soundstage came together in transparency as a whole, with the sections better blended and more equal, does that make sense?....I'm sure Zebra Cables would have equal quality in their rca cables....here's some details on mine....I really don't think $600 cables could sound better, just different.....


Product Detail

Silver-plated OFC twisted-pair conductors are purposely designed to deliver delicate audio signals with perfect fidelity regardless of the length of the interconnect!

Cu Shielding Technology™ provides three layers of shielding: two 80%+ OFC copper braids and one 100% overlapped Mylar® foil. This state-of-the-art design eliminates environmental interference, and ensures astounding micro-dynamic performance coupled with amazingly quiet backgrounds.

SplitLok™ RCA connectors feature the use of precision-machined surfaces and a split center-pin for a solid, dependable electrical contact.

Precise soldering techniques using expensive silver solder and the Flexcable™ ultra-flexible PVC jacket guarantee performance under the most demanding conditions.

*Connectors: RCA Male x2 to RCA Male x2

*Twisted-pair, silver-coated oxygen-free copper conductors guarantee optimal, noise-free signal transfer

*Cu Shielding Technology™ provides for maximum isolation from environmental EMI and RFI via use of three layers of shielding: two 80%+ OFC copper braids and one 100% overlapped Mylar® foil.

*SplitLok™ corrosion-resistant, precision-machined 24K gold-plated connectors ensure a superior connection and long lasting quality

*Silver-soldered for increased electrical integrity, maximum signal transfer and long term reliability

*Flexcable™ ultra-flexible PVC jacket for easy installation.
 
Last edited:
Congrats on keeping this thread going 500 pages! It's definitely one of my favorite places here, and I'm obviously not alone! Congratulations on a great thread that's 500 pages long!
 
Congrats on keeping this thread going 500 pages! It's definitely one of my favorite places here, and I'm obviously not alone! Congratulations on a great thread that's 500 pages long!
I only show 188 pages... But this is also one of my favorite threads on AK. :thmbsp:
 
Project/One TT w Sumiko Blue Point Special
Sony XDR HD tuner + Pro-Ject tube box II phono stage
Peachtree Decco2 (used for a DAC, also connected to Mac G5)
Sony 3100ES for cd and SACD
Melos SHA Gold pre amp
Accuphase P-300 amp
System Audio 3070 speakers

Posters by Denon!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0794.jpg
    IMG_0794.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 455
.....you're right, Art, they didn't set me back that much....gave 37 bucks for the six footers, and 29 for the 3 footers....but, that's at 20% off for a bulk order and free shipping....they deliver a wonderfully crisp transparency to the speakers....I don't play the expensive cable games that usually rape buyers out of hundreds.....


This isn't the place to air our values relative to cables. Many of us have owned inexpensive ones and expensive ones and have chosen what we think are the better value.
 
Last edited:
There's room for more!

North0001.JPG

South0001.JPG

Some of my mess. Old radios. Teac X-1000R. Jvc QL-A75 with a Shure. Pioneer SX-1050. Carver C-4000. Nakamichi BX-300. Klipsch Heresy's. KLH ?
 
Finally Mostly Done

The first picture is the 2nd bedroom with about 900 LPs and a few hundred 78s. Next is the view into the living/listening room. Third is the stereo and wall treatments. I'm still working on developing a lift to get a bass trap to pull or wind up from behind the sofa.
The room and equipment sounds great! It's 16.5' wide and 14.5' deep - more space than I've ever had before for listening to music.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0576.jpg
    IMG_0576.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 780
  • IMG_0717.jpg
    IMG_0717.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 686
  • IMG_0725.jpg
    IMG_0725.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 807
The first picture is the 2nd bedroom with about 900 LPs and a few hundred 78s. Next is the view into the living/listening room. Third is the stereo and wall treatments. I'm still working on developing a lift to get a bass trap to pull or wind up from behind the sofa.
The room and equipment sounds great! It's 16.5' wide and 14.5' deep - more space than I've ever had before for listening to music.

Very nice! Those speakers look very impressive.
 
The first picture is the 2nd bedroom with about 900 LPs and a few hundred 78s. Next is the view into the living/listening room. Third is the stereo and wall treatments. I'm still working on developing a lift to get a bass trap to pull or wind up from behind the sofa.
The room and equipment sounds great! It's 16.5' wide and 14.5' deep - more space than I've ever had before for listening to music.

Nice library and set-up!
 
Wow, Carbonman, verrrrryyyy classy! Anybody with a lot of 78's is A-OK in my book. But where are the Edison cylinders?
 
Back
Top Bottom