• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Pics of your listening space

My Room

I used to go through a lot of different gear. Everything from bigass Sansui receivers like the G-22000 to bigass Yamaha power amps like the MX-2000 and B-2, speakers like Altec Model 19's to La Scala's, Cornwalls, Fortes and NS-1000m's to name a few.
Nowadays my rigs are pretty simple and far more static. Due to space constraints they share the same room/rack.

Two channel only consists of a Musical Fidelity A3.2cr preamp driving a SimAudio Celeste 4070se power amp into a pair of Magnepan MMG's with a PSB Subsonic 5 10" subwoofer filling in the lower octaves. The digital source is a Yamaha CDX-1030 cd player, analog sources consists of a Harman Kardon H/K CD401 tape deck and a Denon DP-59L (thanks deaner33!) turntable.

The A/V rig currently consists of a Yamaha RX-V1 receiver with an Oppo BDP-83 as the source for bluray, dvd, sacd and DVD-A. Speakers are Energy 2.2i's left and right, an Energy AC300 for center channel duty and a pair of B&W DM110i's doing rear channel duty. Also in this mix is a PS3, Wii and Xbox360 and our HP Intel i5 computer and 46" Sharp Aquos LCD.

If we didn't have Great Danes there would be less furniture and more room for everything to breathe. However, if you know Danes, heaven forbid they have to sleep on the floor! Danes are drawn to soft warm comfy furniture like many of us are drawn to looking for that next great score at the Sally or yardsales. No force on earth can keep them away. Like Dihnamo Hum, you just can't do it :)

Both of these rigs sound great and I'm very happy with them :music:

DSC_2489_resize.jpg


DSC_2490_resize.jpg


DSC_2491_resize.jpg
 
Last edited:
Did you see a big improvement in the RF-25s' after you removed the xover and went active?

After tweaking the xover a bit yeah, there was definite improvement. It's been a fun project! I rewired the speakers internally as well......I figured I may as well match what's in the speaker to whats connecting to it. I want to say it was like 18-20awg shielded monster cable originally.

I'm starting to play around with REW and the EQ in it, creating filters and all that......talk about a rabbit hole! Created a set of filters for the sub and plugged it into the Foobar convolver and noticed a huge improvement in the sub.......didn't run another set of measurements though so I don't know how the response looks.........but it "sounds" pretty damn good!
 
Both of these rigs sound great and I'm very happy with them :music:

DSC_2489_resize.jpg

Very nice room, very clean (I could only hope the same for my own space, with three cats and a dog, well, there's fur...lots of fur:D). One big amp as well, but yet small speakers:scratch2:, I kid, makes sense to me:thmbsp:

Also, thumbs up on having the best part of Episode one on the cd stack:thmbsp:

On a seperate note, looks like this topic has a new home, must have been a big move:yes:
 
I used to go through a lot of different gear. Everything from bigass Sansui receivers like the G-22000 to bigass Yamaha power amps like the MX-2000 and B-2, speakers like Altec Model 19's to La Scala's, Cornwalls, Fortes and NS-1000m's to name a few.
Nowadays my rigs are pretty simple and far more static. Due to space constraints they share the same room/rack.
Mike, great looking room. :thmbsp:
 
My humble den.

attachment.php


attachment.php


attachment.php


attachment.php


Dave
 

Attachments

  • 100_3025.jpg
    100_3025.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 1,738
  • 100_3026.jpg
    100_3026.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 1,727
  • 100_3027.jpg
    100_3027.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 1,719
  • 100_3028.jpg
    100_3028.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 1,733
I used to go through a lot of different gear. Everything from bigass Sansui receivers like the G-22000 to bigass Yamaha power amps like the MX-2000 and B-2, speakers like Altec Model 19's to La Scala's, Cornwalls, Fortes and NS-1000m's to name a few.
Nowadays my rigs are pretty simple and far more static. Due to space constraints they share the same room/rack.

Two channel only consists of a Musical Fidelity A3.2cr preamp driving a SimAudio Celeste 4070se power amp into a pair of Magnepan MMG's with a PSB Subsonic 5 10" subwoofer filling in the lower octaves. The digital source is a Yamaha CDX-1030 cd player, analog sources consists of a Harman Kardon H/K CD401 tape deck and a Denon DP-59L (thanks deaner33!) turntable.

The A/V rig currently consists of a Yamaha RX-V1 receiver with an Oppo BDP-83 as the source for bluray, dvd, sacd and DVD-A. Speakers are Energy 2.2i's left and right, an Energy AC300 for center channel duty and a pair of B&W DM110i's doing rear channel duty. Also in this mix is a PS3, Wii and Xbox360 and our HP Intel i5 computer and 46" Sharp Aquos LCD.

If we didn't have Great Danes there would be less furniture and more room for everything to breathe. However, if you know Danes, heaven forbid they have to sleep on the floor! Danes are drawn to soft warm comfy furniture like many of us are drawn to looking for that next great score at the Sally or yardsales. No force on earth can keep them away. Like Dihnamo Hum, you just can't do it :)

Both of these rigs sound great and I'm very happy with them :music:

DSC_2489_resize.jpg


DSC_2490_resize.jpg


DSC_2491_resize.jpg

Great setup. We share the same issue of space constraints and, I see, same Denon TT. :D.

May I recommend cord covers, painted the same color as the wall, to hide those cables going to the TV and TT ?

http://cableorganizer.com/quest/wirehider-tv-kit/

03_Flat-Screen-Kit-Bag-b4-after.jpg
 
Hey. Here's my system in my bedroom. It's my baby. The latest addition is the Project Debut III TT. The reciever is an HK 3490 and speakers are JBL ES90s. The sub (way in the back corner) is an Infinity TSS-sub4000 and the cassette deck is an old Sony unit. The system's not as high-end as some of yours but I like it. I'm currently building a SEAS speaker kit so those will be joining the setup when done (if they fit LOL)
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0278.jpg
    IMG_0278.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 286
  • IMG_0280.jpg
    IMG_0280.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_0281.jpg
    IMG_0281.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 1,393
  • IMG_0282.jpg
    IMG_0282.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 133
I love working through the hundreds of pics of systems. Great way to burn a lunch hour! :)


The ultimate mancave, by far! Siskel and Ebert give it two :thmbsp::thmbsp:!

roomflash.jpg


Thank you guys for the nice words. Harry there, under the table, is about the size of 3 standard house cats, and bring along enough fur for 3 of them as well.

Yours really stood out, both for the classy decorating, and for that stunningly Brobdingnagian cat under the coffee table. :thmbsp:

I've just recently moved into my new Listening Space.

Space800.jpg

Looks like a mixdown booth at a recording studio. Tres' cool!

Thanks . Over the last 2 weeks I have found furniture on CL to make my new room more comfy . 2 futons and 2 comfy chairs .
2011_0305clouds0004.jpg

Wow, that room looks so intense! And the UV-reactive carpet puts it right over the top and into awesome, man. :)
 
Back
Top Bottom