• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Pics of your listening space

WAF changes......

In exchange for getting the recently acquired Fisher tube amp up and running I had to make some changes to my main 2-channel system. My wife got to select the speakers in my main set-up so the Heresy II's were out because the wood was too light according to my wife. In their place she wanted the "tall ones". Here is the result. Since the Heresy's will be back somewhere else once the tube amp is up I win either way....... :yes:
 

Attachments

  • TW Set-up 001.jpg
    TW Set-up 001.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 399
Hi guys,

finished my new speakers and rearranged the system......

The stuff moved from the short to the long side of the room. Now it sounds better than before. Small invest with a big result.......

​

best regards
Sascha

As others have stated...wow, that is a fantastic looking space. I read that the illistrations are silk-screened copies from a sansui pamplet, how did you enlarge them so much without destroying the image
quality?


very nice, were the new black-light backings painted on or are they tile sheets?...bet it gets pretty hot up there, though. I had a blacklight and they get really hot (at least the bulb variety). Very cool, or rather, "Like...woah, man":D
 
I've been wanting to post in this epic thread (one of my favorites) for a while now, and since I had the camera out for the "Member's Systems" forum I got a couple pictures of the overall space. This is the living room of my 1920s-era apartment. Unfortunately I only have one of the three required AK member listening room items - the Ikea Expedit shelving unit. No lava lamp or Maxell poster. :D

Gear at the time of this post:
Preamps: Sanyo Plus C55, Bellari VP130
Amp: Nikko Alpha III
Turntable: Technics SL-1200 MkI w/Grado Reference Sonata
CD/SACD: Pioneer DV-563A
Speakers: JBL 4425

The business end of the room:

attachment.php


The seating end of the room:

attachment.php
 

Attachments

  • DSC_0467_900.jpg
    DSC_0467_900.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 1,730
Looks terrific, Andy H. Just curious though- why wouldn't you set the speakers either side of the window, at the short end of the room? Is there no wall at the opposite short end (to the right of your listening chair)?
 
Thanks Spectrum77. The number one reason I have kept the stereo away from the short wall is because that steam radiator there can put out a tremendous amount of heat and I don't have very much control over it. I don't want my speakers or anything else too close to that much heat. The other thing is, just as you guessed, there is a doorway on the opposite end of the room. The orientation of the second picture is with me standing in said doorway to the dining room. Maybe there's something I'm not seeing but I think this is the only really practical layout for this room.
 
I've been wanting to post in this epic thread (one of my favorites) for a while now, and since I had the camera out for the "Member's Systems" forum I got a couple pictures of the overall space. This is the living room of my 1920s-era apartment. Unfortunately I only have one of the three required AK member listening room items - the Ikea Expedit shelving unit. No lava lamp or Maxell poster. :D

Gear at the time of this post:
Preamps: Sanyo Plus C55, Bellari VP130
Amp: Nikko Alpha III
Turntable: Technics SL-1200 MkI w/Grado Reference Sonata
CD/SACD: Pioneer DV-563A
Speakers: JBL 4425

The business end of the room:

attachment.php


The seating end of the room:

attachment.php

Everything looks great . I also like that orange chair.
 
I don't know about the Pello but I love the Poang. I think it's a real bargain in comfortable seating. Doesn't look like there's a matching footstool for the Pello so that right there might be reason enough to spring for the Poang as the footstool really adds a lot. The biggest thing I can say for the comfort of the Poang is that I have fallen asleep in that chair countless times while listening to a mellow album. ;)

All that furniture except for the Ikea stuff is either DIY or freebies. I found the orange chair out on trash day just down the street from me. It's vinyl so it washed up easily.

I'm pretty happy with the space I have here - the biggest drawback is that it's an apartment and I want to be able to crank this stuff up a lot louder than I can having neighbors below and beside me. But I plan to buy my own house within the next year or two and a good place for a listening room will be a primary consideration.
 
Hi guys,

finished my new speakers and rearranged the system......

The stuff moved from the short to the long side of the room. Now it sounds better than before. Small invest with a big result.......






and a little impression of the Super Duplex speaker.....
​

best regards
Sascha

AK need a little <applause> icon for posters. Your setup is darn nice - impressive.
 
just got my desk setup...
this is on of 2 listening spots, this one is used primarily for recording DJ sets and previewing before posting or broadcasting :)

2 acoustic research holographic M3 speakers running off a class T amplifier
sound card is a Numark DJ IO
I will be upgrading to a stanton Scratch Amp II firewire interface as soon as I get it back from my friend :p

176279_184991618203720_100000786499990_376402_1190742_o.jpg
 
IIRC, the Pello has a round steel bar that goes across the front of the seat. I didn't think it was nearly as comfy as the Poang. The Poang has all flat slabs of wood so no real pressure points.

There were 2 Pellos on the local CL but Ikea is only about an hour away so I`ll probably wait and get a Poang . Thanks for the response .
 
Back
Top Bottom