• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Pics of your listening space

Shellshock, nice set up :)

I also like your 850 avatar, and you have a driver's (passenger's?) seat in your room, too! I also drive an 850 sedan, with over 210,000 miles on it. I'm the original owner... I have no issues with the car, but when it retires I will keep the driver's seat myself!

My avatar is actually my old car show winning 940 turbo that I just recently retired (Head on into a guardrail at 65). I'm now turbocharging and rebuilding my 1992 240 :D

That's the passenger seat from a old 850 turbo I was given and parted out. It's quite confy :D


They are such pleasant cars eh? Volvo for life :banana:
 
And finally the latest iteration....

Photo_081208_001.jpg

Photo_081208_002.jpg

Photo_081208_004.jpg

Photo_081208_003.jpg
 
My Infinity Overture 3 amps got cooked in a recent storm so I dragged my Advents out. I like the cat litter stands. The storm also fried my Denon PMA-700 integrated amp. This is whats working for me now.

1972 edition Advent loudspeakers
Onkyo TX-8222 receiver
Technics SL-1300 turntable
Sony TC-640 reel-to-reel
Aiwa AD-R40 cassette deck

DSCF2545.jpg


Greg
 
Thanks, Carl

Somehow I missed your 8/5 post. I haven't seen those pictures. I remember seeing some photos with a lot of flowers awhile back.

It's amazing how all those receivers just disappeared! Great looking system.

Rick

The photos with the flowers is from my living room. I don't listen to a whole lot out there. So that system is primarily a bombproof set-up for my wife and daughter.

btw... a lot of those recievers are still kinda around. :D
 
The photos with the flowers is from my living room. I don't listen to a whole lot out there. So that system is primarily a bombproof set-up for my wife and daughter.

btw... a lot of those recievers are still kinda around. :D

We're living in a wonderful era! All the music, and at a fraction of the cost.
 
This is my bedroom setup. I have my "in the batters box" receivers in this rack also. Currently:
Sony STR 7045
Marantz 6270Q
Cerwin Vega RE-38's
+
The Mac Mini w/ Tons'O'Tunes in it!
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php
 
I see this thread coming up all the time... so I figured I'de add to the mountain and posts that already make it up.

The Stereo is hard to see so I'll list what I have.

The Amp is an Onkyo M 5030

The Preamp - Onkyo P -3160, ( I plan on purchasing the P-306RS from a fellow AK Member if I could just get caught up on all my other bills)

The Tuner - Technics ST-8080

The Turntable - Technics SL-23

Speakers are Marantz HD 700s - and Sansui SP 3200s

The Entertainment center I built from scratch just for the Components That are in it...

Its all a good start.... And I'm very happy with what I have aside from the preamp.. And I would really love to get a good turntable up there too.
 

Attachments

  • My listening space 2 011.jpg
    My listening space 2 011.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 497
Hey, Driller. Good looking system there, and a comfy looking room.

Where are you in Alaska? And what do you drill?:yes:

Rick
 
I have been through several changes in location of equipment, but this is the latest setup with a pair of Polk SDA-SRS II's with Monitor 5's on top for the theater.

Forgive the dark photo. I would take a more recent one, but I am kinda in the middle os several projects taking place on the floor and it would be embarassing. The projector is a Optoma HD65 and I wish I had a pic with some video on the screen. Oh well... woulda, coulda, shoulda.

IMG_3126.jpg
 
Thanks.... I'm near Soldotna, on the Kenai Peninsula, Not a bad place to live, lots of fishing in the summer.

I Drill for Water up here. It's a good job but can be a little miserable in the winter. I Got Job security though, everyone needs Water so there will never be a shortage of work to do.
 
Back
Top Bottom