• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Pics of your listening space

Thanks.... I'm near Soldotna, on the Kenai Peninsula, Not a bad place to live, lots of fishing in the summer.

I Drill for Water up here. It's a good job but can be a little miserable in the winter. I Got Job security though, everyone needs Water so there will never be a shortage of work to do.

Thanks, Driller. Interesting work, but sounds like a back breaker!
 
Looks good Infinitold, Are those stands "sand filled"? I also have a TC-640, nice deck. :thmbsp:

Very funny. I never even thought of the "sand filled". Would make perfect sense. But no they are filled with about 50 years worth of personal memorabilia, the things we all keep that says "This is who I am, what I was, and where I've been". Thanks for making me laugh.
 
I have been through several changes in location of equipment, but this is the latest setup with a pair of Polk SDA-SRS II's with Monitor 5's on top for the theater.

Forgive the dark photo. I would take a more recent one, but I am kinda in the middle os several projects taking place on the floor and it would be embarassing. The projector is a Optoma HD65 and I wish I had a pic with some video on the screen. Oh well... woulda, coulda, shoulda.

Nice set up scootchu. I am working on setting up something similar in my bedroom (Sony VPH-1031 CRT projector with JBL CF150's as mains). What kind of screen is that? DIY or did you buy it?
 
Latest version of the middle system

From top to bottom:

Rotel RCD-1072 cd player*, Promitheus Audio Active Preamp*, The Mod Squad Deluxe Line Drive passive preamp*, DIY Maganavox 175 6V6 monoblocks (jaymanaa/Urizen build), Monster Power HTS 3500, Snell Acoustics Type K, Lovan Jazz 18" shot-filled stands, M&K V75 MKII subwoofer (not shown). PS Audio xStream Power Punch and Zu Audio Birth* power cables, Cardas Neutral Reference* and Nordost Blue Heaven* ICs, Planet Waves speaker cables.

*denotes gear from an AK member

sys1-2.jpg
 
Nice set up scootchu. I am working on setting up something similar in my bedroom (Sony VPH-1031 CRT projector with JBL CF150's as mains). What kind of screen is that? DIY or did you buy it?

Thanks
That's a DIY screen that total may have cost about $30. Black out fabric that's available from fabric stores like Joann Fabric staplesd tp a Poplar Wood frame covered in black Velveteen. I think it's 100" diagonal.
 
From top to bottom:

Rotel RCD-1072 cd player*, Promitheus Audio Active Preamp*, The Mod Squad Deluxe Line Drive passive preamp*, DIY Maganavox 175 6V6 monoblocks (jaymanaa/Urizen build), Monster Power HTS 3500, Snell Acoustics Type K, Lovan Jazz 18" shot-filled stands, M&K V75 MKII subwoofer (not shown). PS Audio xStream Power Punch and Zu Audio Birth* power cables, Cardas Neutral Reference* and Nordost Blue Heaven* ICs, Planet Waves speaker cables.

*denotes gear from an AK member

sys1-2.jpg

First class Ken....:thmbsp::music:



Bill
 
Thanks
That's a DIY screen that total may have cost about $30. Black out fabric that's available from fabric stores like Joann Fabric staplesd tp a Poplar Wood frame covered in black Velveteen. I think it's 100" diagonal.

Cool, that is sor of like what I plan, I am going for a 90" screen that will be powered from a drill and drop down from the ceiling.
 
I moved my receiver and bookshelf speakers into my computer room today. I only removed the receiver from my bedroom in the first place to fiddle with it because the left speaker started getting scratchy. After spraying deoxit and switching components and connections back and forth I was only able to figure that it was the tape jacks that were causing it. When I hooked any component to the aux inputs both speakers played clearly. I still don't know what's wrong with the jacks.

So anyways, after that I had an idea to move the system to the computer room. It's something I've wanted to do for a long time. I had a mini plug to left/right rca cable so I hooked it up in place of the cheap plastic Altec computer speakers. Now I can listen to anything right off of the internet and the sound quality difference over the other speakers is phenomenal.

I spend a lot of time on the computer so it is worth it to me.
 
Last edited:
I moved my receiver and bookshelf speakers into my computer room today.

So anyways, after that I had an idea to move the system to the computer room. It's something I've wanted to do for a long time. I had a mini plug to left/right rca cable so I hooked it up in place of the cheap plastic Altec computer speakers. Now I can listen to anything right off of the internet and the sound quality difference over the other speakers is phenomenal.

I spend a lot of time on the computer so it is worth it to me.

You know it! I did this a couple years ago. Similar setup. EPI 100s and a Technics SU-V76 integrated amp. What a difference compared to that old Cambridge Soundworks "Soundworks" setup. My speakers are on shelves mounted on either side of the computer station placed upside down so the tweeters are at ear level. Love the sound whether it's CDs or Pandora.

Greg
DSCF2560.jpg
 
Thought I'd toss on a pic of my 14 x 14 space that my half of the mortgage gets me. :D
Since my room is a dreaded square, Ive had to set up diagonally, which is by far the best solution sonically. I'm a Yamaha guy, and use the CA-2010 amp, and a CR-1020 receiver. Speakers are Maggie MG-1's, with a 10" sub, and they work really well with the Yamahas.
Square or otherwise, it's great to have somewhere to relax and listen to your tunes !

Happy listening,
Mike
 

Attachments

  • 100_1428.jpg
    100_1428.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 740
  • lit up 003.jpg
    lit up 003.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 444
I intended to clean up before posting... but that isn't going to ever happen.. so here it is. I nominate myself for messiest room.

I actually prefer clutter, but this is the result of using cables on hand that only reach directly.

Infinity Kappa 9
Yamaha PC2002M
BGW 500D

and you can see part of the MAC 1900 on the Advents

attachment.php



It looks better at night while intoxicated... lol

attachment.php
 
Last edited:
:lmao::lmao::lmao:

I admire your up-front attitude! I'd wager you are single. But just a guess.

"Organization" means you know where something is when you need it.

Rick
 
I realized that there wasn't an ounce of "single" left in me when my wife was out of town and I found myslef scrubbing- yes- SCRUBBING the kitchen sink. Sigh.
 
Back
Top Bottom