• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Pics of your listening space

Apartment?
Or I can go out on the covered patio and listen to any of the 8 stereo consoles:

NormandyProvincial196403.jpg

Oh no! One of eight awesome, most likely tube consoles! :thmbsp: :music:
 
Try 3,


Got the Kinetic audios pumping in the Basement Home theater system, Its very difficult to grab a projected image.

It actually looks 100 times beter in real life, but the audio receiver blows. So it sounds how it looks in the photo.
 
Last edited:
garryu21200 in your post number 1900 in the shed I see a greenish box with a speaker in it, is that by chance a califone unit? looks like one I had years ago.
 
Here's a picture of what my room looks like today. A whole lot different than my last post in this thread.

DSCF0151.jpg


From top to bottom....Tjoeb Ah! CD, DIY First Watt F5, Transcendent Sound Grounded Grid pre, completely rebuild Dynaco FM-3 tuner and my DIY Jordan JX92S speakers with Onix super tweeters.

Homer digs it!

Your speakers are fantastic.
 
garryu21200 in your post number 1900 in the shed I see a greenish box with a speaker in it, is that by chance a califone unit? looks like one I had years ago.

No, but you're close. It's a 1977 Audiotronics with a built-in P.A. system that I got from my old High School. I sold it about two years ago. Great for square dancing...

IMG_0205.jpg


IMG_0206.jpg
 
That looks real close to a Telex one I picked up the other day, I need to work on the tt in it as it is slow, idler tire is hard as a rock. but the pa in it works ok, but does not get as loud as my little Newcom unit with the 6bq5 pp and 6x9 speaker.
 
Yes, the Newcomb tube models sound much better than this solid-state model, and that's why I sold it. It sounded ok at higher volumes since it was meant for large rooms, but was very fuzzy and had a lot of distortion at low listening levels.

The problem I am having with my Newcomb players is the turntable mats have gotten hard and brittle, and crackled in appearance. One has a thick, funky mat that has large, wide ribs and is not glued in place, but held in place by a metal plate in the center where a spring-loaded 45 adapter is. It has gotten hard as a rock, and makes records tend to slip. It's also sort of a yellow-beige, and I believe it was originally white.
 
My space currently, with the new TT setup and the MC30s running the Tannoys...

attachment.php
 

Attachments

  • IMG_8534.jpg
    IMG_8534.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 1,497
Back
Top Bottom