• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Pioneer PL-570 refurb

Dogboy44

New Member
I’m the original owner of a PL-570 (purchased in 1977 wood base) that could use a rebuild. I’d like a few suggestions as to who to contact! I live in the St.Louis area…Thanks
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
Welcome to AK!!
It would be helpful to note where you live to suggest a tech or establishment near your location. Also, one of our skilled AK turntable experts may reside nearby.
 
When you say it needs a re-build, is there something not working quite right? I have one so just curious. Does the auto return still work? Mine doesn't and I know why but it doesn't bother me because I also used to have the Series 20 590 which is a step up and it was 100% manual.
 
The push start is sporadic but everything else is working. I want someone to take it apart, inspect, repair, rebuild, and/or replace whatever is needed
 
The push start is sporadic but everything else is working. I want someone to take it apart, inspect, repair, rebuild, and/or replace whatever is needed
By sporadic, do you mean sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t it tries to work but it can’t? Unfortunately, there’s a very common small nylon gear inside that breaks in half. I haven’t looked for a while, but they’re impossible to find brand new but I think there’s some companies/ individuals that have made some. I don’t have any experience how well they work. I haven’t replaced mine because it’s not that important to me.

Beyond that as you know, there’s no belts inside this turntable there really isn’t much to service unless you’re having some issues but if you just want to pay somebody to take it apart for peace of mind, you can certainly do that. If the motor gear assembly for the arm return does still work I'd take it apart and clean the old grease out and replace with a suitable grease. This could keep that gear from failing. There is probably a few other surfaces that could just be cleaned and re-lubed as long as you have it open. This is all relatively easy. No special tools or expertise required. Help is always available here.

I did replace the vinyl surface on mine with Walnut because it was lifting in some areas and the real walnut looks tremendously better to me.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom