• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Pioneer SX-1250 recap and restoration thread!

Start a new Thread before we ruin this one. Just copy and paste the first post you did today. Ill wait for the new thread. I'll be here for another three hours tinkering, so no hurries! Reread the last posts!!
 
Start a new Thread before we ruin this one. Just copy and paste the first post you did today. Ill wait for the new thread. I'll be here for another three hours tinkering, so no hurries! Reread the last posts!!
Okay I think I started a new thread at Pioneer Audio titled "The Patient"
 
Part # 667-ECQ-V1H224JL is obsolete on mouser now. Is there an updated Pioneer SX-1250 recap and restoration list of parts for March 2016?
 
The series is EOL
but there is stock left of other values, such as
667-ECQ-V1H334JL
you did not say exactly what place it is being used
If it is used on the flat amp input to the jfet? no problem increasing its value.
 
Part # 667-ECQ-V1H224JL is obsolete on mouser now. Is there an updated Pioneer SX-1250 recap and restoration list of parts for March 2016?

Use 505-MKS20.22/63/5 in place of it, Panasonic phased out pretty much the entire ECQ line below 250VDC sadly. :(
 
Pioneer SX-1250 recap list

Excellent JT! :thmbsp: BTW, I thought it was an SX-850 that I sold you. :scratch2:

Here is my recap list for the SX-1250, I visually checked every board against the service manual and confirmed the caps for the the board numbers listed below, my 1250 was made Dec 1976. FYI I'm using a few Panasonic FM and FC caps in the preamp areas instead of PW caps.

Pioneer SX-1250 recap list

Equalizer Amp Board (AWF-021-A) (Q1 & 3 and Q2 & 4 should be gain matched)

AWF-021-A: C11: 470uF 6.3v CEA: 667-EEU-FM1E471B 470uF 25v
AWF-021-A: C12: 470uF 6.3v CEA: 667-EEU-FM1E471B 470uF 25v
AWF-021-A: C17: 3.3uF 50v CEANL: 647-UKL1H3R3KDDANA 3.3uF 50v
AWF-021-A: C18: 3.3uF 50v CEANL: 647-UKL1H3R3KDDANA 3.3uF 50v
AWF-021-A: C25: 22uF 16v CSZA: 647-UKL1V220KEDANA 22uF 35v
AWF-021-A: C26: 22uF 16v CSZA: 647-UKL1V220KEDANA 22uF 35v
AWF-021-A: C27: 220uF 63v CEA: 667-EEU-FC1J221 220uF 63v
AWF-021-A: C28: 220uF 63v CEA: 667-EEU-FC1J221 220uF 63v
AWF-021-A: C29: 100uF 35v CEA: 667-EEU-FM1H101 100uF 50v
AWF-021-A: C30: 22uF 16v CSZA: 647-UKL1V220KEDANA 22uF 35v
AWF-021-A: C31: 22uF 16v CSZA: 647-UKL1V220KEDANA 22uF 35v
AWF-021-A: C32: 100uF 35v CEA: 667-EEU-FM1H101 100uF 50v

Q1: 2SA726: 512-KSA992FBU
Q2: 2SA726: 512-KSA992FBU
Q3: 2SA726: 512-KSA992FBU
Q4: 2SA726: 512-KSA992FBU
Q5: 2SC1775: 512-KSC1845FTA:
Q6: 2SC1775: 512-KSC1845FTA:
Q7: 2SC1775: 512-KSC1845FTA:
Q8: 2SC1775: 512-KSC1845FTA:
Q9: 2SA872: 512-KSA992FBU
Q10: 2SA872: 512-KSA992FBU
Q11: 2SC1735: 512-KSC2383YTA
Q12: 2SC869: 512-KSC2383YTA
Q13: 2SA850: 512-KSA1013YBU
Q14: 2SA628A: 512-KSA1013YBU

Function Switch Board (AWS-094)

AWS-094: C1: 220uF 6.3v CEA: 667-EEU-FM1A221 220uF 10v

Flat Amp Board (AWG-042-0)

AWG-042-0: C7: 330uF 63v CEA: 667-EEU-FC1J331 330uF 63v
AWG-042-0: C8: 330uF 63v CEA: 667-EEU-FC1J331 330uF 63v
AWG-042-0: C9: 22uF 16v CSZA: 647-UKL1V220KEDANA 22uF 35v
AWG-042-0: C10: 22uF 16v CSZA: 647-UKL1V220KEDANA 22uF 35v
AWG-042-0: C11: 22uF 16v CSZA: 647-UKL1V220KEDANA 22uF 35v
AWG-042-0: C12: 22uF 16v CSZA: 647-UKL1V220KEDANA 22uF 35v
AWG-042-0: C21: 100uF 10v CEA: 667-EEU-FM1E101 100uF 25v
AWG-042-0: C22: 100uF 10v CEA: 667-EEU-FM1E101 100uF 25v
AWG-042-0: C27: 220uF 16v CEANL: 647-UKL1C221KPDANA 220uF 16v
AWG-042-0: C28: 220uF 16v CEANL: 647-UKL1C221KPDANA 220uF 16v
AWG-042-0: C31: 330uF 35v CEA: 667-EEU-FM1V331 330uF 35v
AWG-042-0: C32: 330uF 35v CEA: 667-EEU-FM1V331 330uF 35v

Q1: 2SC1775: 512-KSC1845FTA:
Q2: 2SC1775: 512-KSC1845FTA:
Q3: 2SA872: 512-KSA992FBU
Q4: 2SA872: 512-KSA992FBU
Q7: 2SA725: 512-KSA992FBU
Q8: 2SA725: 512-KSA992FBU

Control Amp Board (AWG-041-A)

AWG-041-A: C1: 4.7uF 25v CSZA: 647-UKL1H4R7KDDANA 4.7uF 50v
AWG-041-A: C2: 4.7uF 25v CSZA: 647-UKL1H4R7KDDANA 4.7uF 50v
AWG-041-A: C3: 4.7uF 25v CSZA: 647-UKL1H4R7KDDANA 4.7uF 50v
AWG-041-A: C4: 4.7uF 25v CSZA: 647-UKL1H4R7KDDANA 4.7uF 50v
AWG-041-A: C11: 2.2uF 50v CEANL: 647-UKL1H2R2KDDANA 2.2uF 50v
AWG-041-A: C12: 2.2uF 50v CEANL: 647-UKL1H2R2KDDANA 2.2uF 50v
AWG-041-A: C13: 2.2uF 50v CEANL: 647-UKL1H2R2KDDANA 2.2uF 50v
AWG-041-A: C14: 2.2uF 50v CEANL: 647-UKL1H2R2KDDANA 2.2uF 50v
AWG-041-A: C17: 100uF 10v CEA: 667-EEU-FM1E101 100uF 25v
AWG-041-A: C18: 100uF 10v CEA: 667-EEU-FM1E101 100uF 25v
AWG-041-A: C19: 2.2uF 50v CEANL: 647-UKL1H2R2KDDANA 2.2uF 50v
AWG-041-A: C20: 2.2uF 50v CEANL: 647-UKL1H2R2KDDANA 2.2uF 50v
AWG-041-A: C27: 2.2uF 50v CEANL: 647-UKL1H2R2KDDANA 2.2uF 50v
AWG-041-A: C28: 2.2uF 50v CEANL: 647-UKL1H2R2KDDANA 2.2uF 50v
AWG-041-A: C29: 2.2uF 50v CEANL: 647-UKL1H2R2KDDANA 2.2uF 50v
AWG-041-A: C30: 2.2uF 50v CEANL: 647-UKL1H2R2KDDANA 2.2uF 50v
AWG-041-A: C33: 100uF 10v CEA: 667-EEU-FM1E101 100uF 25v
AWG-041-A: C34: 100uF 10v CEA: 667-EEU-FM1E101 100uF 25v
AWG-041-A: C35: 2.2uF 50v CEANL: 647-UKL1H2R2KDDANA 2.2uF 50v
AWG-041-A: C36: 2.2uF 50v CEANL: 647-UKL1H2R2KDDANA 2.2uF 50v
AWG-041-A: C37: 100uF 16v CEA: 667-EEU-FM1E101 100uF 25v
AWG-041-A: C38: 100uF 16v CEA: 667-EEU-FM1E101 100uF 25v
AWG-041-A: C39: 100uF 16v CEA: 667-EEU-FM1E101 100uF 25v
AWG-041-A: C40: 100uF 16v CEA: 667-EEU-FM1E101 100uF 25v
AWG-041-A: C43: 10uF 25v CSZA: 647-UKL1E100KDDANA 10uF 25v
AWG-041-A: C44: 10uF 25v CSZA: 647-UKL1E100KDDANA 10uF 25v

Q1: 2SC1312: 512-KSC1845FTA:
Q2: 2SC1312: 512-KSC1845FTA:
Q3: 2SC1312: 512-KSC1845FTA:
Q4: 2SC1312: 512-KSC1845FTA:

Filter Amp Board (AWM-089-0)

AWM-089-0: C3: 4.7uF 25v CSZA: 647-UKL1H4R7KDDANA 4.7uF 50v
AWM-089-0: C6: 10uF 25v CSZA: 647-UKL1E100KDDANA 10uF 25v
AWM-089-0: C9: 4.7uF 25v CSZA: 647-UKL1H4R7KDDANA 4.7uF 50v
AWM-089-0: C12: 10uF 25v CSZA: 647-UKL1E100KDDANA 10uF 25v

Q1: 2SC1313: 512-KSC1845FTA:
Q2: 2SC1313: 512-KSC1845FTA:

Power Amp Board (AWH-048-A) (This list times two for the two amp boards) (Q1 and 2 should be gain matched)

AWH-048-A: C2: 10uF 16v CEANL: 647-UKL1E100KDDANA 10uF 25v
AWH-048-A: C5: 220uF 16v CEANL: 647-UKL1C221KPDANA 220uF 16v
AWH-048-A: C11: .22uF 10v CSZA: 667-ECQ-V1H224JL2 .22uF 50v
AWH-048-A: C15: 470uF 80v CEA: 647-UPW2A471MHD 470uF 100v
AWH-048-A: C16: 470uF 80v CEA: 647-UPW2A471MHD 470uF 100v

Q1: 2SA750: 512-KSA992FBU
Q2: 2SA750: 512-KSA992FBU
Q11: 2SC869: 512-KSC1845FTA

VR1: 470 ohm multi offset: 652-3296P-1-501LF 25 turn
VR2: 470 ohm single bias: 652-3386H-1-501LF 1 turn

TO-3 micas (Need a total of 8): 534-4636 (optional)

Protection Board (AWM-091-A)

AWM-091-A: C1: 470uF 6.3v CEA: 647-UPW1C471MPD 470uF 16v
AWM-091-A: C2: 470uF 6.3v CEA: 647-UPW1C471MPD 470uF 16v
AWM-091-A: C3: 4.7uF 35v CEA: 647-UPW1V4R7MDD 4.7uF 35v
AWM-091-A: C4: 100uF 16v CEA: 647-UPW1E101MED 100uF 25v
AWM-091-A: C5: 100uF 50v CEA: 647-UPW1H101MPD 100uF 50v
AWM-091-A: C6: 100uF 50v CEA: 647-UPW1H101MPD 100uF 50v

Q4: 2SC945: 512-KSC2383YTA
Q5: 2SC1166 (2SC1384): 512-KSC2690AYS
Q6: 2SC1166 (2SC1384): 512-KSC2690AYS

S1: ASR-010 MY4-02-DC24 relay: 653-MY2-02DC24

Stabilizer/Power Supply Board (AWR-106-A)

AWR-106-A: C1: 220uF 80v CEA: 647-UPW2A221MHD 220uF 100v
AWR-106-A: C2: 220uF 80v CEA: 647-UPW2A221MHD 220uF 100v
AWR-106-A: C5: 47uF 35v CEA: 647-UPW1H470MED 47uF 50v
AWR-106-A: C6: 47uF 35v CEA: 647-UPW1H470MED 47uF 50v
AWR-106-A: C7: 22uF 50v CEA: 647-UPW1J220MED 22uF 63v
AWR-106-A: C8: 22uF 50v CEA: 647-UPW1J220MED 22uF 63v
AWR-106-A: C9: 100uF 35v CEA: 647-UPW1H101MPD 100uF 50v
AWR-106-A: C10: 100uF 35v CEA: 647-UPW1H101MPD 100uF 50v
AWR-106-A: C11: 47uF 80v CEA: 647-UPW2A470MPD 47uF 100v
AWR-106-A: C12: 47uF 80v CEA: 647-UPW2A470MPD 47uF 100v
AWR-106-A: C13: 1000uF 25v CEB: 647-TVX1V102MCD 1000uF 35v
AWR-106-A: C15: 47uF 10v CEA: 647-UPW1C470MDD 47uF 16v
AWR-106-A: C16: 22uF 10v CEA: 647-UPW1C220MDD 22uF 16v
AWR-106-A: C17: 220uF 16v CEA: 647-UPW1V221MPD6 220uF 35v
AWR-106-A: C18: 47uF 10v CEA: 647-UPW1C470MDD 47uF 16v
AWR-106-A: C19: 47uF 10v CEA: 647-UPW1C470MDD 47uF 16v

Q1: 2SD313: 863-MJE15032G
Q2: 2SC869: 512-KSC2383YTA
Q3: 2SC1318: 512-KSC1845FTA
Q4: 2SC1384: 512-KSC2690AYS
Q5: 2SB507: 863-MJE15033G
Q6: 2SA628A: 512-KSA1013YBU
Q7: 2SA720: 512-KSA992FBU
Q8: 2SA684: 512-KSA1220AYS
Q9: 2SD325: 863-MJE15032G
Q10: 2SC945: 512-KSC2383YTA
Q11: 2SC945: 512-KSC1845FTA
Q12: 2SD325: 863-MJE15032G
Q13: 2SC945: 512-KSC2383YTA
TO-220 micas (need 2 of them): 534-4672

D1: WZ-240: 512-1N5252B
D2: 1S2473: 512-1N4148
D3: WZ-240: 512-1N5252B
D4: 1S2473: 512-1N4148
D5: WZ-061: 512-1N5234B
D6: 1S2473: 512-1N4148

VR1: 4.7K Ohms single turn: 652-3386H-1-502LF
VR2: 4.7K Ohms single turn: 652-3386H-1-502LF

Power Supply Board (AWR-107-0)

AWR-107-0: C6: 470uF 100v CEB: 647-TVX2A471MCD 470uF 100v
AWR-107-0: C7: 470uF 100v CEB: 647-TVX2A471MCD 470uF 100v
AWR-107-0: C8: 470uF 25v CEA: 647-UPW1V471MPD 470uF 35v
AWR-107-0: C9: 470uF 25v CEA: 647-UPW1V471MPD 470uF 35v

BOM List

647-UKL1H4R7KDDANA | 6
647-UKL1H2R2KDDANA | 12
647-UPW1V4R7MDD | 1
647-UPW1V221MPD6 | 1
647-UPW1H101MPD | 4
647-UKL1H3R3KDDANA | 2
647-UKL1E100KDDANA | 6
667-ECQ-V1H224JL2 | 2
647-UPW2A471MHD | 4
647-UPW1E101MED | 1
647-UKL1V220KEDANA | 8
647-UKL1C221KPDANA | 4
667-EEU-FM1E471B | 2
667-EEU-FM1E101 | 10
667-EEU-FC1J221 | 2
667-EEU-FM1H101 | 2
667-EEU-FM1V331 | 2
667-EEU-FC1J331 | 2
667-EEU-FM1A221 | 1
647-UPW1C471MPD | 2
647-UPW1V471MPD | 2
647-UPW2A221MHD | 2
647-UPW1H470MED | 2
647-UPW2A470MPD | 2
647-UPW1C470MDD | 3
647-UPW1J220MED | 2
647-UPW1C220MDD | 1
647-TVX1V102MCD | 1
647-TVX2A471MCD | 2
512-KSA992FBU | 15
512-KSC1845FTA | 16
512-KSC2383YTA | 6
512-KSA1013YBU | 3
512-KSC2690AYS | 3
863-MJE15032G | 3
863-MJE15033G | 1
512-KSA1220AYS | 1
512-1N5252B | 2
512-1N4148 | 3
512-1N5234B | 1
534-4636 | 8
534-4672 | 2
653-MY2-02DC24 | 1
652-3296P-1-501LF | 2
652-3386H-1-501LF | 2
652-3386H-1-502LF | 2
The protection relay in this list is a 2 pole unit. It should be a 4 pole unit #653-MY4-02DC24
 
Whoops, thanks for bringing that to my attention. It has been fixed.
No problem. I was wondering why Mouser kept sending 2 pole relays. I have 4 of them now! I could sure use your help over at my "5590 in protection" thread. I've been trying to figure it out myself but now I am hoisting the white flag. I am stumped
 
Hi All!

I'm a 22 yo guy with a fascination for old receivers! I picked up my "working" SX-1250 a few months ago, been busy with it since!
Cosmetically it's now as good as it could be.
Technically, not so well :(

When you let the receiver play, within a few moments it will start to crackle from the left channel, then it will give a loud bang from the left speaker.. somethimes it goes in protection, most times it just continues to play... but it will continue to crackle and then pops and bangs... :(

I've tested a couple of things already but today I changed the Power Amp boards with eachother and the problem also went to the right instead of left.. so the problem is for sure on the Left (on this moment its right, but I marked it as Left) Power Amplifier board!

I already recapped the 8 aluminium capacitors, so these are brand new.
I also already resoldered all the pins but the exact problem is still here.

So my guess is, there is a component (or more) that's bad right? But I'm not an elecktrician so I really don't know what component could do such a thing?!

My guess is to start replacing the tantal and ceramic capacitors??

Thanks guys, I cant wait to let the beast play :D
 
Isnt this a nice addition when I find the problem for peeps that have the same problem as I have?
Otherwise I will open a new thread but I guess this will be a short journey (I hope)
 
hi Timmyboy

>So my guess is, there is a component (or more) that's bad right? But I'm not an elecktrician so I really don't know what component could do such a thing?!

I had the same problem, just replace the transistors on the amp board, problem solved, 'Mark the Fixer' and others have done recommendations for replacements, easy to find using the search function of this forum

regards, Peter
 
Ahyes, thanks.. got a pm with the same answer!

Anyone happens to have those 2 transistors left that are gain matched (not looking for 100% perfect matched) so for the 2 boards in total of 4 transistors, and want to ship them to me to The Netherlands, please give me a PM! not looking for rediculous prices!

I'm going to search some more threads on the forum for more information!
 
Posts 102 and 103 of this thread is the "List" for the sx-1250.
It's nice to gain match the 992's but not necessary as the trimmer makes up the difference.
The set has several problematic transistors that should be replaced. And a few other maintenance issues that should be addressed.
You might order components for the other boards making the shipping worth while. The set is fairly easy to work and with the modular boards you can take your time and enjoy the receiver between maintenance sessions.
And yes, Please start your own "Thread". The members love a good sx-1250 story.
Oh, and Welcome!
 
Thanks! and I will make a new thread when I got some time :)
With Farnell I can order without shipping costs, so I could even order 1 component of 1 cent haha :P
 
Thanks! and I will make a new thread when I got some time :)
With Farnell I can order without shipping costs, so I could even order 1 component of 1 cent haha :p

I think I've got about 40 pieces of 992's left and I can do a first order matching using the Hfe measurement of my my digital multimeter.
I'm also in the Netherlands so shipping is cheap.

(I once measured all 40 and differences were very small, I wouldn't hesitate to use unmatched sets as long as they are from the same production batch)

Let me know if you want me to send you some matched sets.

kind regards, Peter
 
Hi Peter!

Much thanks!

But too late! :( I already ordered 10 transistors:

http://nl.farnell.com/fairchild-semiconductor/ksa992fbu/trans-bipol-pnp-120v-to-226aa/dp/2453942

They should be fine :) if not I will contact you for them! Also ordered 2 tantalum caps and 4 trimmers :)

>I already ordered 10 transistors:
No problem

>Also ordered 2 tantalum
Most people replace the tantalum with a standard electrolitic or (for small values) a film capacitor, tantalum's have a bad rep for reliability

have a nice weekend, Peter
 
Agree with TSd71.

Most folks who start a "rebuild" thread, like to keep it about their gear. AK has become a great place to document builds, as well as get info.

Kind Regards,
John
 
Back
Top Bottom