• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Pioneer SX-950, looks like a deal to me.

Register to hide this ad
SCAMS
Both are Dave Culver listings.
AVOID

He's branching out to new locations, using new products, and new descriptions.
But has also retained most of his previous products and locations as well.
 
Interesting, haven't heard of this guy. I swear I have seen that exact tag line at the end in my local craigslist on some of this gear "scammers and flippers dont waste your time" - Honestly why would he care if it's a flipper, that makes no sense. It's funny how almost all scammers say something about scammers don't bother in their listing lol.
 
Interesting, haven't heard of this guy. I swear I have seen that exact tag line at the end in my local craigslist on some of this gear "scammers and flippers dont waste your time" - Honestly why would he care if it's a flipper, that makes no sense. It's funny how almost all scammers say something about scammers don't bother in their listing lol.

one of the emails I’ve gotten in response was that shipping made more sense than meeting . That was one of many red flags . Seeing the person offered a demo of a said offering . The one ad I was literally 18 miles from . Then all of a sudden the seller had no time but could ship quickly . I wonder how many of these scams have worked ? Pretty pathetic honestly
 
He's been doing it for years...
As mentioned he's recently made changes in items and locations. Must be the old spots are drying up?
There are scam warnings out there in some locations.
He rarely takes a day off, even running his scam on holidays.
 
He's been posting on Chicago Craigslist a lot lately. Sansui 9090 and Marantz 2270, great condition $300 each LOL. I flag them every time I see them. You can use the letters of his last name to spell ULCER, which is what anyone will get if they send him money.
 
Interesting, haven't heard of this guy. I swear I have seen that exact tag line at the end in my local craigslist on some of this gear "scammers and flippers dont waste your time" - Honestly why would he care if it's a flipper, that makes no sense. It's funny how almost all scammers say something about scammers don't bother in their listing lol.
one of the emails I’ve gotten in response was that shipping made more sense than meeting . That was one of many red flags . Seeing the person offered a demo of a said offering . The one ad I was literally 18 miles from . Then all of a sudden the seller had no time but could ship quickly . I wonder how many of these scams have worked ? Pretty pathetic honestly

Looks like possibly the same person in San Diego, though those more familiar with him and his scams will probably have a better idea if it looks like the other scam ads. The day after I took this screenshot, there was a scam alert ad in San Diego Craigslist referencing this ad.
SX-1080 Scam Ad.PNG

Edit:
That exact pic is seen at the 6:00 mark on this video about his scams:
 
Last edited:
Looks like possibly the same person in San Diego, though those more familiar with him and his scams will probably have a better idea if it looks like the other scam ads. The day after I took this screenshot, there was a scam alert ad in San Diego Craigslist referencing this ad.
View attachment 2608698

Edit:
That exact pic is seen at the 6:00 mark on this video about his scams:
That's him!
 
Yup looks like it's him. I guess he doesn't know this is a pretty poor area overall.
Listing deleted! This is a dirt poor county with most of its residents living in the hills.
 
A couple weeks ago he started posting in a town with 800 residents in N.MI
Crooks gonna crook.
 
He's been advertising a Pioneer RT707 in Austin at $250 for a few weeks now. The post disappears and then gets reposted the next day. I emailed about it after the initial posting and got a long detailed email in response which sure gave it a veneer of legitimacy. But the pattern was the same as in his other ads - he's available to meet after 7, well not today, etc. No thanks!
 
Beware of a lying scamming crook coming to a (small) town near you.
Like Pound Ridge, NY or Pellston, MII
 
$300 +/- isn't going to attract much attention from LE.
But committing crimes using computers and over interstate lines might be a federal matter?
 
Dumbfounds me that authorities haven't done anything for all these years.
$300 +/- isn't going to attract much attention from LE.

And that's just it. ~$300 simply isn't going to warrant much attention from law enforcement - hence why scammer Dave has been at it for so long. Given the amount of effort he puts into BS ads, it must work well enough for him...

Bottom line - if the price is too good to be true, and you can't see/buy it in person, then stay away!
 
Back
Top Bottom