• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Pioneer SX-950 receiver

Thanks for the closer photo.

index.php



If the markings (faces) are oriented toward the top of the photo, the connections should be correct - E-C-B. In that case, we may have to look backward into the circuit to see what is driving the drivers' drivers, as in the bias area of the circuits. Is there continuity in the trimmer posts, VR3/VR4? How about the STV4H diode stacks?
 
Getting closer but there’s still a problem somewhere especially on the left channel. These are my new ratings synced I changed around C-3503and A-1381
 

Attachments

  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 30
Getting closer but there’s still a problem somewhere especially on the left channel. These are my new ratings synced I changed around C-3503and A-1381
If I disconnect the left channel output,I get a clean relay click but still no output.Of course,when I connect the left channel,I get the protection relay.Expected with 3.8V coming off the left speaker output board.
 
Check the pin numbering carefully on the AWH-050 power amp board. I think there may be some confusion, and possibly on my part.
 
Last edited:
The fact that there is 3.8V present on the one of the outputs is a problem - If that is correct.

index.php
 
Yes.I’m finding some of the new transistors I put in are incorrect.I need to pay closer attention to the pinouts.Live and learn.Will post more tomorrow.
 
I get clean relay on with both right and left channel power output boards connected.But after 45 seconds to a minute,Relay closes.Still no output.These are the readings I’m getting know.Still something not quite right somewhere.
 

Attachments

  • DFB2B6D6-6F57-4709-BF69-6CF02AAAE3B5.jpeg
    DFB2B6D6-6F57-4709-BF69-6CF02AAAE3B5.jpeg
    111.3 KB · Views: 7
Back
Top Bottom