• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Please help identify this Rotel TT

kaplang

Works for me !
I have a line on this Rotel TT but don't know the model. Can anybody identify the model and tell me if it is manual or auto? Any good?

Thank you,

George
 

Attachments

  • Rotel.jpg
    Rotel.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 112
Register to hide this ad
Definately CEC. Looks just like my Sanyo TP 626, a belt drive semiautomatic. A surprisingly nice table.

picture.php
 
If you can find one that hasn't been abused, they do play well. I wanted to do some upgrades when I had one. At the time I found the plug (bayonet) on the tonearm a stumbling block. Now, if I ever find another straight example I'd like to see how far I could take it.
 
I have a Rotel RP-1100Q just like it. It was automatic but something underneath broke so it manual now. Works and sounds great. I have the box and manual for it and will more than likely be selling it soon on Barter Town or Ebay.
 
Definately CEC. Looks just like my Sanyo TP 626, a belt drive semiautomatic. A surprisingly nice table.

I don't think there's any doubt that it's the same table as the TP 626, semi-automatic belt drive and a really well-made nice sounding table.

The Plinth on the Rotel's a tad different. It's broadened slightly on the right side and features what looks like a socket for a spare headshell.

Another thing I notice about the Rotel is the orientation of the "Reject" lever. It appears to be pointing to 4 or 5 o'clock, whereas the Sanyo is at 3 o'clock. May indicate a problem, may not.

As to the CEC, I have to admit that it does look similar to many CEC tables but I've never seen that arm on a CEC. Also, on the back of my Sanyo the label reads "Manufactured By Sanyo Electric Co., Ltd.". If Sanyo didn't actually make the table I think they couldn't say that.

attachment.php


John
 
I'm not sure about the legal aspects of that "manufactured by..." thing. Perhaps it's a percentage issue. New Balance is having a problem because not enough of some of their footwear is "Made In The USA". My Realistic LAB-400 (CEC) does say "manufactured for..." on the back.

There are many styling cues that give away a CEC table. The high relief double rings of their platter mats, the tapered attachment of the tonearm wand, their counterweights (not always), headshells and especially their fingerlifts with that little rearward facing "hook". They did use a wide variety of pivot/gimbal designs to customize their arms, but basically... Incidentally, my opinion of the lateral weight and counterweight style of antiskating on the Sanyo arm is that it's there for "bling" and not function. It is pretty though.

Noticed the reject lever position too and I think you're right about a possible problem.

Edit: I'll trade you my mint spun aluminum platter mat center trim for your dustcover.

No, huh?
 
Last edited:
My Realistic LAB-400 (CEC) does say "manufactured for..." on the back.

Yes, and the CEC made Marantzes say something like "Designed by Marantz in the USA - Made in Japan"

There are many styling cues that give away a CEC table. The high relief double rings of their platter mats, the tapered attachment of the tonearm wand, their counterweights (not always), headshells and especially their fingerlifts with that little rearward facing "hook". They did use a wide variety of pivot/gimbal designs to customize their arms,

The Sanyo certainly has a lot of those CEC cues but not all of them. It wouldn't be hard to convince me that the Sanyo was a CEC but I'm not there yet. In addition to the "Manufactured By..." there's the fact that Sanyo made a lot of stuff for other companies but I'm not aware of anything they had made for them by someone else.

but basically... Incidentally, my opinion of the lateral weight and counterweight style of antiskating on the Sanyo arm is that it's there for "bling" and not function. It is pretty though.

Agree on both counts.

Noticed the reject lever position too and I think you're right about a possible problem.

Yeah, and looking at the Vinyl Engine, I'm basically convinced. Check out the RP-1000 and RP-1000Q. The turntable in this thread is neither of those but it's a close cousin. (Also concluded it's not the same as the Sanyo.)

John
 
There are a lot of similarities in the parts seen in the picture of Sanyo, Rottel, Radio Shack turntables etc..
It would not be a surprise to find that CEC had supply parts to the smaller brands, and maybe some of the major brands too.:scratch2:
 

Attachments

  • Radio Shack R 8010 001.jpg
    Radio Shack R 8010 001.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom