• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

Post a picture of your turntable

Nice setup! I'm currently fascinated with Dynavector cartridges and I have that Red Rocks DMB LP set and it is terrific. Enjoy!
Thanks! It is a great album. Easily one of my favorites. The 20X2L is my first Dynavector cartridge and, I gotta say, it's been an eye (or ear) opening experience. Easily outperforms the AT OC9XSL it replaced.
 
Cool tonearm, it looks very contruction themed. What is it made out of? How does it sound?
Thanks!
The tonearm is made of Carbon fibre parts that was CNC milled after my CAD-design. Then epoxied together. The bearing is made after the sideways unipivot principle, inspired by the new Supatrac Blackbird toneram.
It sounds and tracks absolutely great! Have been using it for a year and have no urge to change. Just maybe refine some stuff. But that will come with another DIY project: a new turntable :-)
 
My first turntable purchase ever. Just arrived two days ago. Up till now, I'd been using my dad's Sanyo TT, which I've had since the early 80s.

1985 Kenwood KD-770D:

y9y3W4G.jpg
 
No, the Rega 25 shares the same plinth as the Rega P9 from the same era. Its a rigid plinth with a surround that is only connected to it in certain places, I read somewhere that the surround reduces vibration in the plinth.
 
Back
Top Bottom