• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Protection mode.... sansui au-717

Oh Okay I understand. I will try this when I get off work. and yes I meant the EQ board my apologies. I'Il double check all the connections and then try adjusting the trimmer pots. But removing the power supply board would require me disconnecting it from the 4 main caps correct?

No.

You can loosen all the cap clamps and slide them out the bottom along with the board to get access.
 
UPDATE:

I Assembled a very meek looking dim bulb tester and connected it to the sansui. When powered on, the bulb was very bright then quickly dimmed down to a steady brightness.
I adjusted VR01 on F2722 and brought the amp out of protection mode!
I have all of the readings within nominal tolerances according to the manual. When powering on, the amp stays in protection mode for about 10 seconds then goes to normal mode. My question is: I the brightness during the initial power on normal?
And is it time to test the amp on my speakers?

And, should I use test speaker?
(as I would be bummed if I burnt up my Polks.)

Thanks for y'alls help again!
I'm just relieved it is out of protection mode!
 
Back
Top Bottom