. I've never dealt with them other than buying a few things, but I just can't help to think someone was thinking of a "future recone job" when the "repair" falls apart. 
. I've never dealt with them other than buying a few things, but I just can't help to think someone was thinking of a "future recone job" when the "repair" falls apart. 
It probably looks like they just glued it because the paper is on the back. I am sure Midwest knows what they are doing.
you mostly took a ding on re-sale value.

they cant get re-cone kits anymore so i dont think that was it
i resized and uploaded some of the pics instead of copy paste maybe you can see them now
the pic of the back shows the backside repair looks like just sealant to me
View attachment 1519859 View attachment 1519860 View attachment 1519861
Doesn't mean they wouldn't try put in something that "fits" without regards to how it "sounds". But either way, that patch job just looks so "amateurish" to me.
If you do, and want any help, any time.I may try something my self
And that brown glue glommed onto the edges, is that their "handiwork" too? So much for "professional".
yes i was expecting better like i said earlier i may try something my self, that brace or whatever it is on the back side of the cone is over part of the hole so i dont think they could have gotten material under that but i may try putting some on the open area
yes one previous owners put the surround on, the glue on the cone is actually clear its the pic lighting making look white
All true — for a patch on back. But not a word about the severe and ugly damage in front.You do want to use a water-based glue that is *flexible*, but not Elmer's. The "flexible" white speaker glue is nice for this. Cut a piece of coffee filter paper to the size and shape you need. Then put just enough glue to "wet" the coffee filter and make it limp. Then carefully put it in place. Then use a small artist paint brush to work out any air bubbles, and add some more glue around the edges. Keep the glue as thin as you can though. If the paper tries to "lift" as it dries, just take the brush and carefully work it back down. Then wait 48 hours minimum for the glue to fully cure before running the speaker.
All true — for a patch on back. But not a word about the severe and ugly damage in front.
A good repair is not just functional, and these speakers are a thing of beauty. If my wife's face were ripped open by a horrible accident, I could patch her with paper and glue, or a staple gun for that matter. She would want, and I too, the closest resemblance to her original beauty as possible.
All true — for a patch on back. But not a word about the severe and ugly damage in front.
A good repair is not just functional, and these speakers are a thing of beauty. If my wife's face were ripped open by a horrible accident, I could patch her with paper and glue, or a staple gun for that matter. She would want, and I too, the closest resemblance to her original beauty as possible.
Absolutely true. The hard part with this is going to be the aged paper. Any kind of glue or coating will stick out like a sore thumb.

just thick blobs of glue
Use it as-is for now, looks like they may have done the best minimalist repair possible under the circumstances without an imbalance of added mass. If problems occur, deal with them then, and until if, just enjoy them.