• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

R.I.P. Jon Lord of Deep Purple

Register to hide this ad
Very sad. A fine rock keyboard player. R.I.P. Jon Lord!


jon_lord_2.jpg
 
Last edited:
Jon Lord!

Christ that hurts, that hurts really!!!

Rest in Peace and

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!

:tears: :tears: :tears:
 
Damn

he was a great organist,If he hadn't recorded anything after machine head he would still be a legend in RNR. The opening off LAZY played loud always delivers. damn shame
 
A monster of a soulful keyboardist. He rocked Made in Japan.

Check out VH1 Classic Albums Machine Head. Lots of insight into his playing on that album.

f39ibs.jpg
 
Last edited:
Just got my face melted the other night playing Made In Japan through my QLS-1's at 90-100db. I really don't ever do that.....for that recording it seemed appropriate. Jon will be immortalized by that performance.

RIP, Mr Lord.
 
How ironic; I've been playing "Lazy" off a "Machine Head " CD this weekend in the car.

Thanks for the memories, and RIP...:sadwave:
 
Jon Lord, Deep purple keyboardist, dead at 71

Deep Purple's Jon Lord dies at age 71
The Associated Press

LONDON — British rocker Jon Lord, former keyboardist for the band Deep Purple, died Monday. He was 71 years old.

A statement on Lord's official website says the Leicester, England-born musician suffered a fatal pulmonary embolism in London after a long battle with pancreatic cancer.

Lord co-wrote some of Deep Purple's most famous tunes, including "Smoke on the Water," and later had a successful solo career following his retirement from the band in 2002. The statement posted on Lord's website said he died "surrounded by his loving family."

Kicked my ass when I read this, never knew he was sick. The classic rockers are dying off, sad.
 
Brutal news. The Classic Album series that examines Machine Head is great to watch, has plenty of interviews with each band member. Huge loss, no one can do what he could with a Hammond organ.
 
I´m just listening to "Space truckin" (Made in Japan).

I am deeply mourning, one of the saddest moments for me (concerning music) since Frank Zappa´s death.
 
Back
Top Bottom