• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

R.I.P. Jon Lord of Deep Purple

G'day all, I am truly shocked to read this! :yes: I heard him interviewed on a Classical Music radio station a while back, and he was just so interesting and articulate to listen to. RIP Jon Lord. Regards, Felix aka catman.
 
I have historical videos on the band that I will cherish forever, they were among the coolest British rock bands from the truly Golden Era.
 
The Best damn Hard rock, heavy metal, blues-rock, progressive rock, classical, jazz, jazz-fusion keyboard player I have ever had the pleasure to know.
R.I.P. Jon
 
I´m just listening to "Space truckin" (Made in Japan).

I am deeply mourning, one of the saddest moments for me (concerning music) since Frank Zappa´s death.

I am too, I was really affected when I saw the article. I'm still really upset about it. I've been listening to Purple all day.
 
i will never forget seeing Deep Purple on TV (California Jam?) in the early 70s, Jon Lord was the glue that held those blokes together. RIP!
 
Yep, I have Shades Of Deep Purple spinning now, & that came out in '68. I forgot, but I also picked up The Book Of Taliesyn last month, so now I have all 3 of the "Mark I" albums, on the Tetragrammaton label, which I shall now spin. :music: EDIT: BTW, Jon does some great playing on these early ones too, obviously.
 
Sad day for rock and roll. We will never forget your music. Long live the intro to Lazy.
 
There was a Deep Purple discussion going here recently......It had me pulling out my DP catalog and having a listen.......

And now I get up to go to work this morning and learn of Jon Lord's passing.......

What a musical genius and an amazing innovator.........

I was truly saddened by the news today, and when I blasted "Might Just take your life" I was quite choked up......

I loved any interview material of Jon, he was so willing to share his enthusiasm and knowledge of music......
He seemed Deeply passionate about Deep Purple, it certainly showed in interviews I have seen......

Well, its a big Deep Purple day for me today!!!

RIP Jon.........Perfect Strangers!!!
 
damn...

Machine Head is one of my all time favorites... I bought my 1st copy on 8 track with paper route money

RIP Jon
 
I am sad too, I just heard on the BBC radio.

When asked why he wrote "classical" music, when he was a rock guy, his reply was something like: "I create music, not labels".
 
Some of these deaths lately have been deeply harrowing, it gets worse and worse each time. When the music is so seminal and we become so attached to it in such a personal way, we feel we've lost a family member in a way. I get the impression that this death was felt deeply by the children of the 60's, as we were reaching our teen years by the 70's. Music is a human condition, as death certainly is too. I hate to get so melodramatic but I relate to music so heavily that I can't help but be greatly upset by this news. I post obits because I love music and its makers. I'm not just doing it for the sensationalism. I'm sorry if I come off that way.
 
Jon Lord was a great musician and performer whose music touched many of us. Godspeed and RIP Mr. Lord. Thanks for all the wonderful music.
 
Back
Top Bottom