• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Realistic super tweeter?

A longtime friend of mine was a longtime Radio Shack guy and I remember hearing these sitting atop Mach 1's, at point blank rage (a typo I'll leave) with however much power the big silver Realistic receiver made, about 120 I think. I'll give it a 9+ on volume and a 7- on sound quality.

I do think those supertweeters were pretty good. RS had them crossed over at 5kHz. I wonder how low they can go.
 
Those speakers are pretty nifty. I have some wired inline with a separate volume control because they're so loud compared to my other speakers.
 
Those speakers are pretty nifty. I have some wired inline with a separate volume control because they're so loud compared to my other speakers.

The floor standers are aperiodic vented, I used a resistor to balance them with the rest of the system. I could improve on the x over but then again they are my beat on knock the house down speakers. Super efficient too
 
So, in 2012 it was decided all these need is a 4.7uF cap "bypassed" with a 2.2uF cap? If using a decent quality M.P. cap why "bypass" with a small value cap? No inductor? No L Pad?. I know, this post is ancient but I recall these did sound pretty good and I got a set. Was thinking of trying them out. Maybe I will make a easy to access board of some kind and play with values... I do want to sit them on top of my other speakers because I would like to be able to move them front to back and mine have no enclosure....yet. Any comments would be appreciated! Thanks!!
 
i used some pvc pipe to try to keep the original look. eventually glued them to some plywood for the base.
in use to this day.



.
 
Back
Top Bottom