Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html
Getting close to finishing my first full recap job on this Pioneer SX-880. Still on my bench at the moment, waiting for a couple more caps and replacement glass (thanks a lot FedEx…).
Congrats Jadam, on your near completion of your SX-880! The satisfaction level is always through the roof on your first rebuild. Also a belated welcome to AK is in order.
Here's a Musical Fidelity A3cr pre and power amp combo. Popped the case just to resolder a broken RCA jack in the power amp - the bolt had worked loose and the wire broke. Figured I'd tighten the bolts in the preamp as well.
Congrats Jadam, on your near completion of your SX-880! The satisfaction level is always through the roof on your first rebuild. Also a belated welcome to AK is in order.
Thank you! I actually put the last of the caps in it earlier today. All I have left is replacing the glass (it came in over the weekend; just need to install it) and check to see what adjustments are needed. I’m pretty stoked about it! I have a crappy pair of speakers in my shop for testing, and I’ve never heard them sound so good. I have a thread going for it in the solid state forum. I’ll be updating soon. I’ve taken LOTS of notes for next time.
Please forgive lousy pics, but this seems like enough of a rare bird that it might justify a post. A Sumo Nine power amplifier. Elegantly simple physically, as it is electronically.
The "bridge" across the middle of the horizontal circuit board lends some cooling to the (of course) "bridge" rectifiers that are underneath.
These pictures don't show the tightly-packed ten TO-3 output transistors on each heat sink (with holes drilled for four more!).