• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

RIP Andy Williams

Register to hide this ad
We always watched his show. My father loved Andy's selection of sweaters. RIP

cubdog
 
Andy Williams has passed, due to bladder cancer he was 82 years old.
A great singing voice is gone. :sigh:
 
Last edited:
I had not heard. Sorry to hear the news. Everytime I hear his name, I start humming the song 'Moon River'..................... :music:
 
Safe travels Andy Williams say hello to my dad.

My old Pops always played those Andy Williams Long Players. When I revived the turntable about six months ago I spun 'Ole Andy from what was left of Pops collection..(Hits from movie soundtracks or somesuch, Moon River is from Breakfast at Tiffany's I believe which was written by Truman Capote, well the book at least, but I digress) for my Mother, she cried ..reminded her of old times. Safe travels Andy Williams say hello to my dad.
 
HPIM9625.jpg
 
Yes RIP Andy! About 5-6 years ago (if not more!) my wife and I saw him at the COunt Basie Theater in Red Bank, NJ. It was on a whim. Wife saw an ad in the Newark Star Ledger for the concert and said "Hey you want to go?" I said "Sure!" so I bought 2 tickets.
We were probably the youngest two people in the audience! No kidding! But.... I enjoyed every minute of Andy. I was a kid when his show was on TV. An era when TV was clean, wholesome, family-oriented, AND the guest stars were talented.
I can't say that about ANYONE today on TV.
 
Back
Top Bottom