• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

RIP - Jerry Jeff Walker

I came acrost him whilst at U of Richmond- the Richmond crew thought he was way too Kuntree, & my Tennessee crew thought he was far too un-kuntree. Hell, I just LIKED him...When you're down, down,down, in the contree, pick 'n' sing awhile....Sounds like a Plan to me...
 
One of the good ones. He was blessed with a great name for country... Jerry Jeff Walker, it has the sound of country to it.
 
I lived in his home town (Oneonta NY) in the 1970's and was a bar tender there, in a bar (the Corner Bar) that celebrated him and the other outlaws of the time. Met a girl once that claimed to be his half sister, the NYT Obit said he was a only child. I guess she might have been hustling me for free drinks, it worked. Jerry Jeff's (aka Ronald Clyde Crosby's) father was also a bar tender in town. I guess he ran in different circles, even though a small town we never met.
 
I'll be "pissin in the wind" in memory of Jerry Jeff. Been listening to the man for 50 years. I built a Pandora station around him. One of my all time favorite artist.
 
Jerry Jeff, one of the original song writers with a great sense of humor....I’d have liked to see him and Zevon on the same bill...
 
Ooooh. That's a big loss to outlaw country. I first enjoyed Jerry Jeff Walker (and Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson, Kris Kristofferson, etc., etc.) at the Armadillo World Headquarters in Austin, and my sister, who attended Southwest Texas State just down the road from Austin (now Texas State University) was a rabid fan. A few years after that, I lived in Austin for a number of years and that whole scene was baked into the earth there even though it had moved on by the early 80's. Only Stevie Ray Vaughan made a bigger (and more lasting) imprint.

Rick "who still has those Kangaroo-skin Tony Lamas and the Resistol hat somewhere up in the attic" Denney
 
Back
Top Bottom