• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

RIP Walter Becker of Steely Dan

Register to hide this ad
Their songs were always fun with a special kind of funk that puts a sophisticated smile my ones face.
When ever I'd upgraded my system I'd play Aja and always think this was all worth it.
Great Album, Great Music, Great Sound.
Thank for everything Walter. I'll never loose that number.

Michael
 
Loved all their albums with the slight exception of Katy Lied, but I have to say Royal Scam is my favorite. It sounds like Donald will go on playing their music but don't yet know if the Steely Dan name will continue.
 
Loved all their albums with the slight exception of Katy Lied, but I have to say Royal Scam is my favorite. It sounds like Donald will go on playing their music but don't yet know if the Steely Dan name will continue.

Well if the concert next month I have tickets for still happens it will be a very emotional show for all.
 
What a legacy to leave behind, hours of timeless music that transcends genres, trends and pop culture. And will remain relevant through my lifetime and beyond.
 
Every album is within my slow rotation of favorites, depending on my mood. His guitar licks were some of the most tasteful, clever, understated elements of the Steely Dan sound. I always saw him as the worst person in the world to interview, due to his dark, cerebral nature. Always struck me as someone whose best day would be considered mundane to most of us......R.I.P. W.B.
 
Back
Top Bottom