• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

RoeTest tube testing system

Hi I’m trying to find out more about the roetester. Does this tester do curve tracing using a pulse voltage method like utracer or does it trace out the characteristic curve with the high voltage applied all the time during measurement? Like textronix 570?
Full voltage, no pulse, that’s one of its selling points.

It does not trade curves and display them thr same as the 570 or manufacturer datasheets though, you can read more about it on their website.

It also does not display them live in real time like a 570. It traces them and then shuts off.
 
Hi All,

I’m about to receive the core parts of this build from Helmut, and I’ve put in the order with Reichelt so now just waiting to sort shipping - fingers crossed. I appreciate all of the info here very much and I’m looking forward to putting it into use while building.



Hey @targeteye - make sure you got the right parts list off of the RoeTest site. I pointed out to Helmut just recently that the main page that listed “bauteile11.zip” actually linked to the v10 list, which had bunches of parts issues.

@pac1085 - curious if you would be so kind, did you use a hollow tip for SMD soldering like Helmut recommended? If so, what kind/dimensions specifically? Trying to figure out which JBC tip I should possibly add. I don’t have hot air so I’ll hopefully be able to do this without that. Thanks much for any insights in advance.

All best,
Mark
I just received roetest v 11 and all the components available from Helmut. I also just received an email from reichelt elektronik that they don't ship to the USA. Any update on this situation? Any luck with ShipGerman.com or Mailboxde.com? TIA for any help.
 
Well the Reichelt situation caused my project to come to a screeching halt even before it started :). I did order a few parts and had them shipped to me via Shipgerman. Partly for a test of the process but mostly because i do not believe there is another decent source for the FL B12 and ML A12 DIN connectors used on the plug in socket adapters.

The Shipgerman service cost a total of US $53.22 for that small purchase. I have other things going on so i haven't gotten back to the project again but i'm going to need to analyze sourcing equivalents in the US or using Shipgerman again.

Total US dollars for a basically 8 DIN connectors equated to each connector being just over $16 when they are all about $9 at Reichelt. I wouldn't say that is excessive considering (as far as I know) you can not get them anywhere in the US.

I was going to look at substituting but if i recall, at the time, i decided that the high voltage on the connectors warranted just using what was spec'ed instead of me spending the time to find an alternative and then not be able to use all the build information directly.
 
Last edited:
Well the Reichelt situation caused my project to come to a screeching halt even before it started :). I did order a few parts and had them shipped to me via Shipgerman. Partly for a test of the process but mostly because i do not believe there is another decent source for the FL B12 and ML A12 DIN connectors used on the plug in socket adapters.

The Shipgerman service cost a total of US $53.22 for that small purchase. I have other things going on so i haven't gotten back to the project again but i'm going to need to analyze sourcing equivalents in the US or using Shipgerman again.

Total US dollars for a basically 8 DIN connectors equated to each connector being just over $16 when they are all about $9 at Reichelt. I wouldn't say that is excessive considering (as far as I know) you can not get them anywhere in the US.

I was going to look at substituting but if i recall, at the time, i decided that the high voltage on the connectors warranted just using what was spec'ed instead of me spending the time to find an alternative and then not be able to use all the build information directly.
Thanks. Just opened a Shipgerman account and ordered all components currently available from reichelt + lots of spares. There still remain a few out of stock items.
 
I just received roetest v 11 and all the components available from Helmut. I also just received an email from reichelt elektronik that they don't ship to the USA. Any update on this situation? Any luck with ShipGerman.com or Mailboxde.com? TIA for any help.
Welcome to AK!!
 
Back
Top Bottom