• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Sansui 800 vs. six

Gigas

New Member
Hello, is Sansui 800 "a cut above" the sibling six?
This is a near mint receiver tucked away for years and years.
 
Register to hide this ad
Sansui 800 was my first stereo receiver,,, I got it new in '69 I believe, recapped it a couple years ago... not familiar with the six, but the 800 is a nice sounding low power, (22W, I believe) SS amp... You could like it a lot, if the price suits ya...
Good luck!
 
The six is an Eight Deluxe 'light' - me think it would be the better sounding receiver on almost every count. Its 29 watts must be one of the most conservative ratings Sansui came up with. This thing can pack a punch :ntwrthy::ntwrthy:
 
Last edited:
Only have experience with the 800, great sounding receiver, listening to it right now.
Does seem to have a problematic volume pot, almost every AK'er I've talked to about it here on the forum has the same problem with it that volume wont go silent once the pot is set to zero.
 
Yep, add mine to the VC problem... not worth trying to change it, as I'm more into tube amps now, and use the 800 for FM broadcast occasionally... I always liked the sound of it, and the Bass is great for a low powered amp... the walnut case is nice also...
 
Thank you all for your input. What would be the next step up from a six? I do not need a lot of power for my vintage speakers. Around 20W will do great. I really like a tube receiver and got my eye on one but it is a lot of money.
 
Back
Top Bottom