• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

Sansui Six

Phi

New Member
Guys.

Just recently acquired a pristine sansui six.

Can you recommend a speaker for this?

What is the characteristic of this amp?
 
Register to hide this ad
The single digit series, to me, sounds pretty full and punchy - powerful sounding.

What's your budget for speakers? And are you looking for vintage vs newer, floorstanders or bookshelf?
 
  • Like
Reactions: Phi
The single digit series, to me, sounds pretty full and punchy - powerful sounding.

What's your budget for speakers? And are you looking for vintage vs newer, floorstanders or bookshelf?


thanks captouch!

im looking for newer speakers. Floorstander or bookshelf perhaps.
budget is less than $500


do you have suggestions?
 
I think if you can find a pair of JPW AP3 you will be chuffed with the sound. If you wish a more vintage speaker with fabulous sound you might wish to try the Epi 100 or the Dynaco A25... just my speakers on the fairly cheep but quality side of the equation... cheers..

Hi MarZutra.

I missed the JPW AP3 last week on sale. It was taken by my friend. too bad.

How is the performance of other british speakers on it?
 
thanks captouch!

im looking for newer speakers. Floorstander or bookshelf perhaps.
budget is less than $500


do you have suggestions?

I think Yamaha NS-690's (any of the variants, I, II, or III) are really good bang for buck speakers that are mid-sized, so won't take over your room, but are big enough not to need a sub unless you want to go really low. They are very well built, have L-pads for the mids and tweets so you can customize sound levels for mids and highs, and they're heavy/solid like very few other speakers I've come across.

Others below $500 you might check out: Monitor Audio. If you get really lucky, some Sony SS-M7's which are my main system speakers. I like some of the older bookshelf speakers for secondary/office systems (Dynaco A25, etc), but for a main system, I'd shoot somewhat higher and go more toward your $500 budget to really get the best sound.
 
Uh, to be clear, the NS-690's and SS-M7's are not newer speakers. I ignored that by accident, so wanted to clarify.

I'm not as up on newer speaker models, but you might get newer models from Monitor Audio. I like Paradigm as well, but aren't up on all the latest models.
 
No suggestions on newer speakers but if you run across some Small Advents, you might give them a listen. That's what I'm using with my Six now. To my ear, the Dynaco A-25's proved to be just a tad too bright with my Six. My room has lots of glass and wood floors though.

Congrats on getting a Sansui Six!
 
Uh, to be clear, the NS-690's and SS-M7's are not newer speakers. I ignored that by accident, so wanted to clarify.

I'm not as up on newer speaker models, but you might get newer models from Monitor Audio. I like Paradigm as well, but aren't up on all the latest models.

thanks captouch..

I saw a dynaco but it was big and requires huge current. I forgot the model.

I was aiming for JBL but too hard to find at an afordable price.
 
No suggestions on newer speakers but if you run across some Small Advents, you might give them a listen. That's what I'm using with my Six now. To my ear, the Dynaco A-25's proved to be just a tad too bright with my Six. My room has lots of glass and wood floors though.

Congrats on getting a Sansui Six!

thanks ranch...

im plan to acquire newr amps.
 
https://www.amazon.com/Polk-Audio-Bookshelf-Speakers-Cherry/dp/B000V2N310

These Polks are amazing bang for the buck. I have the smaller A1, but just helped a friend get the A3 for his Sansui AU-505. They have surprising bass punch which is what the Six can deliver.

Characteristics of the Six are a sound that is clean, detailed and punchy. It has plenty of power reserves to drive most speakers, even if it is only rated 2 x 29W/8Ohm.

thanks stereo fun..

I dont have experience with polks. what is its sound signature?
 
The Polk RTI A1 or A3's are energetic and forward sounding with impossible bass punch for their size. They are a match in heaven for some of the warmer sounding Sansuis like the 555a, 505, where their high-strung nature balances perfectly with the cap coupled bassy smooth sound, however, I consider them such a steal for the dollar, not only based on sonics but also on internal build, that you can't go wrong,. The Six is not overly bright sounding, and they have a speedy punchy sound that the Polk's really would be able to deliver on. They need stands, space around them and a lot of break-in though - but audio heaven awaits on a budget.
 
thanks guys..

how about this kef c95

Type: 3 way, 3 driver loudspeaker system

Frequency Response: 50Hz to 20kHz

Recommended Amplifier: 10 to 150W

Impedance: 4Ω

Sensitivity: 90dB

Bass: 1 x 200mm cone

Midrange: 1 x 200mm cone

Tweeter: 1 x 25mm polymer dome
 
thanks guys..

how about this kef c95

Type: 3 way, 3 driver loudspeaker system

Frequency Response: 50Hz to 20kHz

Recommended Amplifier: 10 to 150W

Impedance: 4Ω

Sensitivity: 90dB

Bass: 1 x 200mm cone

Midrange: 1 x 200mm cone

Tweeter: 1 x 25mm polymer dome

any opinions?
thanks guys..

how about this kef c95

Type: 3 way, 3 driver loudspeaker system

Frequency Response: 50Hz to 20kHz

Recommended Amplifier: 10 to 150W

Impedance: 4Ω

Sensitivity: 90dB

Bass: 1 x 200mm cone

Midrange: 1 x 200mm cone

Tweeter: 1 x 25mm polymer dome


any suggestions or opinions
 
really I thought it is only at 4 ohms. Did it heat up?
Everything I'm reading about the Six is that it is rated for 4 him speakers. I had my Seven gone thru by a pro who replaced several caps, and made sure it was running correctly.

As long as your receiver doesn't have any issues, I see no problem using 4 ohms in normal listening. I use mine maybe an hour a day, if that. No problems. Nice sound.
 
Back
Top Bottom