• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Sansui Six

Everything I'm reading about the Six is that it is rated for 4 him speakers. I had my Seven gone thru by a pro who replaced several caps, and made sure it was running correctly.

As long as your receiver doesn't have any issues, I see no problem using 4 ohms in normal listening. I use mine maybe an hour a day, if that. No problems. Nice sound.


tjanks glen..

Im leaving my radio turned on overnight.. hopefully it will not wear too fast.
 
Guys.

Just recently acquired a pristine sansui six.

Can you recommend a speaker for this?

What is the characteristic of this amp?
I own three sets of speakers by "Budd" Fried from the tiny Fried Beta IVs to the IMF Supercompacts to the Professional Reference Monitors...I paid maybe 250 for the Fried Beta IV and for its size, and for the low wattage inherent in the Sansui in question, I would have you get your ears ready 'bud'... high speed/low drag quality audiophile sound. I got a three martini sound with a Marantz integrated amp of 20 WPC, a Connoisseur BD-2 table and Grado cartridge... I need roughly 80WPC to drive the Reference Monitors and the Supercompacts are happiest over 50WPC... The little FRIEDs are NOT Transmission Line designs which was Mr Fried's claim to fame as he may not have invented that particular type of design but damn near perfected it!
Anyway that is the ARMY Officer assessment
 
Back
Top Bottom