• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Sansui G-22000 Ebay

It is hard to read tone in listings (or posts) and most of us are so scarred by incredibly poor packing and the resultant damage to valued equipment that it's very hard to read something like that listing and see the humor, instead of just cringing reflexively. Glad to hear the real story.

John

Agreed, tone and humor is hard when it is text!

On another note, just shipped the one in the thumbnail (my Sansui TU717) to Quebec Canada. I had it for 4-5 years..it kinda hurt to see it go as it was my first Sansui.:tears: At least I got back (less $50) what I originally paid for it.

Talking about auctions, what do you guys think that G22000 was really worth?

Remember, it is not restored but functioning good with good cosmetics.

:scratch2:
 
I've been watching the sales of them for the past 4-5 months. I've seen them go as cheap as $1000, and as high as $1800. The one for $1000 was sold in Boston, MA from a private seller on craigslist. Sold within an hour, unknown condition. The one for $1800 was sold on a really small auction site, I forget the name, but it was basically taken out of a box and put on a shelf it's entire life. That was in pristine condition. There was also one sold on Ebay for i think around $1300. Looked like it was thrown out a car window and drug down a highway. Literally.
I bought mine back in November for $1700. It came with four Bose 901's, a Pioneer turntable, and a CTF-1000 tape deck. It's in spectacular shape, was in the original boxes, but needs a re-cap bad.
 
Last edited:
I bought mine back in November for $1700. It came with four Bose 901's, a Pioneer turntable, and a CTF-1000 tape deck. It's in spectacular shape, was in the original boxes, but needs a re-cap bad.
Is this the one that was for sale in Duluth from Craigslist?
 
Firstly, I was not "flipping". The ad for $1800 was not mine. :nono:

Yes, this Sansui came from an owner in Oshawa, but I bought it from ...

You should read the "Dollars and Sense" rules, specifically:
Primary prohibition:
ANY discussion or mention whatsoever, no matter how subtle, of anything that you intend to sell, or anything in which you have any involvement is absolutely forbidden.


I'm sorry you were offended by the discussions here but frankly you should have either used PMs or kept quiet.
 
You should read the "Dollars and Sense" rules, specifically:
Primary prohibition:
ANY discussion or mention whatsoever, no matter how subtle, of anything that you intend to sell, or anything in which you have any involvement is absolutely forbidden.


I'm sorry you were offended by the discussions here but frankly you should have either used PMs or kept quiet.

10-4.
It was already removed from sale; hence not for sale anymore, so I figured that did not apply.

Toby, what makes you suspect bad caps in you 22000? Thumps, static?, visable leakage?

JGP
 
There's a whole thread about it.. search G-22000 protection too sensitive, under exclusively Sansui. Initially it was thought to be over-sensitive protection, but the more that I learned and the more that the guys helped me out, it's what we came up with. There's other things too, like I've gotta have the midrange turned all the way down just so it'll sound good(not the case with my G-8000), and if the volume isn't turned all the way down it pops really loud when it first starts up or shuts off. No visible leakage though.
 
Last edited:
...
I am glad that I decided to keep the 22000. It is, incase you have not seen one in person, stupid big. I mean--it looks big in picture, but in real life--oh my gosh! ...

"Stupid big" is a good way to put it! :yes: I was looking at one of these two days ago, and thinking the same thing. I've seen several of these before, but the last time I saw one was probably three years ago, and I'd sort of forgotten how big they really are in-the-flesh. My first reaction upon seeing it was about like :yikes:! The power amp section was sitting on a shelf above an AU-999 and (IIRC) an AU-9700, and while those aren't particularly large units, MAN, did it dwarf those by a w-i-d-e margin! It will even visually dominate an SX-1980, which is already one whopping-big receiver that makes most other "monster" receivers look puny. Not a very practical beast for an apartment-dweller, but it sure is impressive! :yes:

I'm still tempted buy it; it is priced around what the one in this thread was priced at. I know deep down that the ultimate beast, the G-33000, is the one I really want, but this one would sure make a good enough stand-in! I don't really need it, though, and I'm determined to sell off a lot more gear before bringing much of anything else home. I want my space back. [ Of course, part of it I want back so I can partially re-fill it with even better stuff, and this counts on that score, but I really don't NEED another receiver --it's just a "collection" thing that makes me want it. Well, that plus the fact that it's cooler than all heck. :D] Plus, I just bought a new computer and am committed to a few other "upgrades", which is basically using up my audio budget for this month (and probably next month, too?). But that G-22000 is very tempting... it sure is one BIG, impressive beast! :yes:
 
There's a whole thread about it.. search G-22000 protection too sensitive, under exclusively Sansui. Initially it was thought to be over-sensitive protection, but the more that I learned and the more that the guys helped me out, it's what we came up with. There's other things too, like I've gotta have the midrange turned all the way down just so it'll sound good(not the case with my G-8000), and if the volume isn't turned all the way down it pops really loud when it first starts up or shuts off. No visible leakage though.

Interesting...

I just noticed something on mine today. You know, the more you live with it the more you look...

When powering down, occasionally the power protection light flickers. No pops or thumps. Humm?

I thought about buying a Multi Meter that reads Mv (mine is not that sensitvie - volts, M amps, but not Mv.) and checking the DC on the outputs.

Again, I have not checked this sort of stuff over. I think I will this weekend (need a service manual) I will check and then determine whether I will speed up the restoration process.
 
I forgot to mention, that "flicker" does not happen with my G9000db--that's what brought my attention to it.:scratch2:
 
Back
Top Bottom