• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Sansui P-L50 tt repair.

Register to hide this ad
Hmmm... Wow, that looks very different then the PL-41 that I fixed up. The 41 has the standard thumbwheel screw to remove the P-mount cart. Is that cart the same size as a standard half inch one?

Looks cool though!

KC
 
Hmmm... Wow, that looks very different then the PL-41 that I fixed up. The 41 has the standard thumbwheel screw to remove the P-mount cart. Is that cart the same size as a standard half inch one?

Looks cool though!

KC

Hi, Yes I think it is a full size cart.

Have to see if I have a SM for this one. Nice machine though. Needed a couple of belts and the voltage was set at 220v. When I switch the voltage to 120v it lit up and the motors started. Just put in new RCA cables.:thmbsp:

Thanks,
John.:music::D
 
Last edited:
Excellent!

I agree, in my limited experience the Sansui LTs are well made heavy tables that sound great!

KC
 
Excellent!

I agree, in my limited experience the Sansui LTs are well made heavy tables that sound great!

KC

I ordered a stylus last night. Should be here on Friday. I can't wait to hear this one. All mechanicals are done. Need to work on Cosmetics now.

Thanks,
John.:music::D
 
Unfortunately this tt uses a proprietary and apparently no longer available cartridge, unless one can be cannibalized from a parts unit. The good news is that if the cartridge isn't toast, with a new stylus it's a surprisingly fine sounding player. Even with the conical tip, which is all you can get. In spite of my initial reservations, this tt is becoming a favorite, warts and all. Weird.
 
Back
Top Bottom