• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Sansui relay subs

MY4-GS-R-DC24

I like the 6A contact current rating.

The need for a socket would probably limit some applications. The link for the socket is broken, so can't see how much height it would add, or its footprint.

I trust that Mouser's synopsis description for this part number, saying "12V", is just an error in the description.
 
From the service manual

1758472592578.png
MY4-02-DC24 should drop right in. It looks like Sansui used either the MY-4 or the RABK.

- Pete
 
Need some help, please - G-5000. Listed as 1150400 on the schematic. This is a 10-pin relay. I have an MY4-02-DC24 that says it equivalent, but it's 14 pins. Do I clip that last row of pins off?
 
Need some help, please - G-5000. Listed as 1150400 on the schematic. This is a 10-pin relay. I have an MY4-02-DC24 that says it equivalent, but it's 14 pins. Do I clip that last row of pins off?
Yes, clip them off. The last row isn't used.

Screenshot (942).jpg
 
Rather than replacing, I always recommend removing the original relay, taking off the cover, remove the spring to lift up the contact arm assembly. Then Clean and polish the individual contacts with a pencil eraser, as well as the stationary contacts at the base of the relay. You can spray some deoxit D100 onto the contacts and leave for 5 minutes before blowing off any residue with an air compressor as you want those contacts fully clean. I prefer this rather than replacing with newer relays as the originals were usually made with gold flashed contacts, whie the newer replacement relays are usually just general purpose relays. The only time I replace is when a contacts is terrible overheated, and pitted
 
Back
Top Bottom