I'd like to hear an answer from users, not from reviewers....![]()
I'd like to hear an answer from users, not from reviewers....![]()
I'd like to hear an answer from users, not from reviewers....![]()

Having said all that, a good signal off a good antenna will still really help.
The answer (as already given) is 'yes' in my opinion. However, understand that the TU-919 is rare and owners who have both tuners and can authoritatively give you an appraisal of both units are even rarer - even here. ....
So I am glad to have found the pair, some years ago. Second owner here, Some years ago I recapped the AU-919 but did not touch (yet) the TU except cleaning the front-end tuner.
I cannot compare with the 717 though.
Edit: My bad, I thought the pair referred to tuner/amplifier. Just ignore my comment.
Now that's a complete answerTHANK YOU!
I live in the capital or Romania, Bucharest, I listem 100% music. We have plenty of stations but bad quality music. Only 2-3 stations with classical, jazz, rock, the ones I'm interested in. The antenna is on the roof, Magnum ST-2, very good reception.
Now, if I want to recap just the power supply section, is there an allignment needed after the recap?