• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Sansui TU-717 vs TU-919

Perfect Pepa !!!

Looks to me like three of the screened cables with outer colour of 'Blue' (2) and 'Grey' (1) have been muddled up.

1. Unplug the 2 Blues & the Grey in the second from left connector in the group of 4.
2. Plug the '2 connection Blue' into the first (left) connector in the group of 4.
3. Plug the '3 connection Blue' into the second (left) connector in the group of 4.
4. Plug the '3 connection Grey' into the second from left connector in the group of 3.

That should do it. ;)
 
Perfect Pepa !!!

Looks to me like three of the screened cables with outer colour of 'Blue' (2) and 'Grey' (1) have been muddled up.

1. Unplug the 2 Blues & the Grey in the second from left connector in the group of 4.
2. Plug the '2 connection Blue' into the first (left) connector in the group of 4.
3. Plug the '3 connection Blue' into the second (left) connector in the group of 4.
4. Plug the '3 connection Grey' into the second from left connector in the group of 3.

That should do it. ;)
Sent the tu-919 to Punker X and he resolved the problem. I have had the " whole enchilada" done to this tuner with adder boards , matched filters, russian oil capacitors, and opamps changed out to discrete outputs. It sounds NOTHING like a stock tu-919. I am fairly sure it will outperform any tx-1 and match any top of the line Accuphase. It took about $1500.00 in mods to get there though.
 
I have found the tuning capacitor on the 919 to require deeper cleaning than the 717. It gets that green corrosion that I had not seen on 717’s. Maybe they started to use less quality metals on the shaft in the later unit. This is what I’ve found to cause signal dropouts. Once sorted out I think the 919 easily out performs the 717 in both sound and reception.
 
I love Sansui Tuner conversations.

I have a TU-D99X mate to AU-G77x, TU-717 (awaiting love), TU-9900 (rebuilt with Affinity for Artifacts kit, but improving further with Tuner FM mods).

In the SF Bay Area we have an embarrassment of riches when it comes to good stations. Favs are local college radio stations and KCSM 91.1 jazz, KDFC classical both of which can be streamed for those of you wanting such.
 
Back
Top Bottom