• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Sansui vs Pioneer

Which one do you prefer?

  • Pioneer

    Votes: 33 30.6%
  • Sansui

    Votes: 75 69.4%

  • Total voters
    108
Register to hide this ad
Can't vote it's a toss up for me, Sansui made some great amps but Pioneer made nicer TT's, R2R's, CDP's and speakers IMO, love them both though.
 
I have 2 Pioneer receivers SX- 1250 & 950 and a PL530 TT but voted Sansui as I like my 9090DB the most. but im really a Marantz guy at least for receivers and amps
 
Sansui made some great amps but Pioneer made nicer TT's

Pioneer made Some great amps too. Pioneer Elite m90 back in the 80s had better reviews than sansui b2301l and sansui b2201l. So who made better amplifiers is a matter of personal taste and preferences. Its not objective fact.
 
Last edited:
My Sansui 9090db was the only solid state unit I’ve ever owned that I felt could make me live without tubes. The nicest Pioneer I’ve had was a sx-850 that I used mostly for movies. Music on it was fine but seemed a bit dry and clinical compared to the sui. The sui resolved inner detail much better and just seemed more ‘organic’.
 
Pioneer made Some great amps too. Pioneer Elite m90 back in the 80s had better reviews than sansui b2301l and sansui b2201l. So who made better amplifiers is a matter of personal taste and preferences. Its not objective fact.

I wasn't stating that Sansui made better amps than Pioneer, just pointing out about the other gear Pioneer produced. I'm running a Spec 1 & 2 in system two.
 
It's the the typical East Coast sound (Sansui) vs West Coast sound (Pioneer). 30 years ago I would have chosen Pioneer because it's clear and bright with assertive mids but now I prefer the more laid-back, warmer albeit less detailed sound sig of Sansui (or Kenwood).
 
Back
Top Bottom