• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Scared sh*tless to buy inner sleeves...

Like I said, I have read several threads on the subject (here and elsewhere) and I've repeatedly seen comments about the MoFi sleeves bunching up due to lack of rigidity and several people have used the SleeveCity as a good alternative. One thing I want to avoid is the plastic bunching up inside the jacket. That's been one of my pet peeves for decades when I have an LP with plastic inner sleeve.
Mofi all the way, as far as they bunch up..yes it might take an attempt or two on the odd album..you can tell if it is bunching and just need to finesse it in.
 
MOFI fan here also, but I got some nice diskeepers from a secret Santa and like the heavier paper. Would use either with no hesitation.

As for bunching, I've been able to slide the MOFI sleeve into a paper inner sleeve and use the two together. Let's me keep inner sleeves with lyrics or credits and avoids the bunching.

On a different topic:

Fear is the mind killer.
Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration.
 
I need some inner sleeves to replace the paper scuffers... After searching through some threads here I'm hesitant to buy the polylined sleeves for fear of hazing etc.

Is there a definitive answer as to which inner sleeves will resist scuffing better than normal paper sleeves without harming the vinyl otherwise over the long term?

I'm not looking for low budget solutions, but I'm not on a cork sniffer budget either.

Thanks,
-Jeff

Well pull your **** together (tongue in cheek) and get on with it. I've had records stored in poly lined sleeves since the mid-80s and they are all just fine. Now I find that paper sleeves provide the most abrasive environment for records, especially if you take them out with any degree of frequency.
 
In 40+ years, I've never had a problem with polylined sleeves, and I've never really seen any evidence of any kind of sleeve marring an LP. The rice paper ones work fine as far as I can tell, although they don't seem to keep the records as dust-free as polylined sleeves do.
 
Yep. What they ^^ said. I've been using them since the 70s with zero issues



Again....what fishondwan (and all others) have said. I've been using Discwasher sleeves for decades and now Mobile Fidelity sleeves with absolutely no problems. If anything, they really help keep the LP dust, static, and scratch/scuff free.
 
MOFI for the majority but I am a firm believer that majority is just that a majority of people, and has no refection of being right or knowing what is best. Sleeve city sells the ultimate audiophile and yes it is a bit more expensive but the quality far exceeds that of the MOFI. If you simply feel more comfortable hanging out with the majority they sell the MOFI as well for a bit less money, but if you prefer to leave the club who simply feels comfortable being the same as the next guy and want a much better sleeve go with the ultimate, your records slip in like sliding in a quilted down cover comforter.
 
I have thousands of MoFi sleeves in use. Likewise the DiskKeeper Ultimates. I consider them equivalent, even though there is a difference in the paper core weight. I never re-insert them in the jacket anyway, so that is a moot point. I use an outer sleeve, and the record sits behind the jacket.

The poly-lined paper ones from Sleeve City are a good alternative, at a bit lower cost.

In the end, each person does what is comfortable for them, and their budget.
 
I have thousands of MoFi sleeves in use. Likewise the DiskKeeper Ultimates. I consider them equivalent, even though there is a difference in the paper core weight. I never re-insert them in the jacket anyway, so that is a moot point. I use an outer sleeve, and the record sits behind the jacket.

The poly-lined paper ones from Sleeve City are a good alternative, at a bit lower cost.

In the end, each person does what is comfortable for them, and their budget.
I see the benefit in preserving the sleeves with this method, but I like the security of having the cardboard protecting the playing surface. I'm pretty careful, but things do happen. And the vinyl is worth more to me than the sleeve.
 
Back
Top Bottom