• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Searching for original MC2155 manual

Ricktptman

High Fidelity Enthusiast
Subscriber
I have the .pdf, for the OM, but not the service.

I'd prefer original printed manuals if I can find them.

TIA.
 
Register to hide this ad
Thanks!
Maybe the .pdf is better for the definitive.
Any help with finding a site that has it is much appreciated. Thanks!
 
Schematics received! Thank you!
I think I'd still like to find the "big" manual.
As far as I know there's nothing wrong with the amp. (It's still in shipment.) But I like reading service manuals. You find interesting things in them. I have a fairly obscure Pioneer RT-909 SM update that speaks of a replaced capacitor that had (in the translation of the time apparently) come under an "evil influence". (It caused the pinch rollers to chatter.) Thanks again!
 
The big manual (one giant sheet) is available on auction site one awhile. I do have the OEM (one big sheet) manual but don't have the mean to scan or print. The one that I sent you is from the big manual. You can print them out and scotch tape together.
 
Ah, I see........wow....thanks for explaining this. I see most of the critical information is there, so I should probably stop while I'm behind. I thought there might be a larger "bound" manual with many pages. I thought I read that somewhere, but that goes back to believing everything you read on a webpage. I wonder if McIntosh still stocks them? This is my first Mac amp, and I appreciate your lending a helping hand. AK is a great resource.....
 
MC2155 service manual (in big binder or bound ) do not exist . Not like MR80 (in binder) or C504, MX117 ....
The only schematic printed by the factory is these "giants sheets" .
If I good remember there is 2 parts :
- part 1 1 to 2
- part 2 2 to 2

same for for MC2150 , MC2250, MC2255
 
I don't think McIntosh provide mechanical drawing for these old amps. Disassemble these amps are very straight forward. McIntosh power amp is very easy to service (open) compare to others.
 
This version is not the one I was talking about
this one is the version I called "preliminary"
The last one is more big and much more complete
 
That's the one I said I still wanted to find, if possible. Just for "education's" sake.
Would McIntosh still have it?
I don't see ANY of this stuff here on AK or anywhere else.
Do you have any idea why it's not commonplace?
I was (truthfully) a little surprised....
 
It was made for agreed service stations on repairs purposes .
You have to understand that many people download confidential documents for free today and this for no reason , just for collect ....
I don't think you will find anything on confidential documents because it was necessary to pay to have it . Today I don't see anyone who spent more than 10000 $ in technical documents upload them all on the web for nothing ...

Ask the factory they may have a good copy
 
I'm a retired teacher, it's not just for "collecting", it's for LEARNING. There's a difference.
I didn't mean to offend you. But if there's knowledge out there to be had (on a 40 year old amp) it's hardly proprietary. The more people know, the more potential for the following to expand.
I'm not a big fan of "hoarded knowledge". But I really appreciate your kindness. I'll call Mac on Monday. I just like to understand as much as possible about the gear I collect. Again, I REALLY appreciate your kindness.
It might well be expensive. I may well not afford it. It might also be too big to be practical for electronic delivery. (Paper copy only.) But it'd be interesting to read......don't you think?
Wouldn't you like to have a copy? Best....
 
The one I posted is very old and for collection. This version does not have part list. The one I sent you is the complete and contain part list which is from McIntosh. Just print everything and stitch together with scotch tape.
 
NOTED! I really am concerned about the meter lamp boards. I'm told it functions flawlessly. It's not going to be a daily driver. But I will run it enough to help it's longevity. Once a week or when friends come by....it's sort of a period at the end of my "collecting" sentence. I've been at it since I was a teenager. My collection is about as big as I dare let it get. Just keeping everything in good working order is beginning to feel like "work".....lol.....
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom