• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Sears Fisher receiver - worth $75?

Register to hide this ad
I'm rather skeptical of the 225 watts per channel claim. I have a Fisher 674 Receiver that looks a lot like this one, and it is about 30 watts per channel. Ask Fisherdude for more info on that one. :yes:
 
"Sears" Fisher

I had one a long time ago. Not the same model though. Mine was Model 61-92541 (Built by Fisher for Sears).
You can check this thread: http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=112836

Nice quality piece. It was (if I remember it correctly) about 40-45 WPC. I too have serious doubts about 220 WPC power rating. At best it is probably around 80-85. Is it worth $75? If you want it badly - yes. Otherwise I don't think so. For 75 bucks you can find pretty good Sansui, Marantz or Pioneer somewhere local.
 
I'm guessing the 550 watts is the electrical power consumption, not the musical output rating.

So many people read the watts on the back plate and think that is the output rating...if only.

Rob
 
I'm guessing the 550 watts is the electrical power consumption, not the musical output rating.

So many people read the watts on the back plate and think that is the output rating...if only.

Rob

I once e-mailed a seller on e-bay who was doing just that and politely pointed out his error. He contacted me back telling me to mind my own $%#^@ business! I guess some people try to use that ploy to fool others into buying their stuff. :no:
 
It does not take much before I start drooling.
Just about any vintage silver face with pretty analog tuning dial will do. :no:

I have to control myself and keep my wallet zipped. :yes:
The stock market this week is helping me do exactly that. :D

Thanks guys. :thmbsp:
 
It looks pretty nice. But I don't think it's worth it's power claim. $75 would be a little high, but if you want it, go for it!
 
That's a bit on the high side, but not by much.

I'd be thinking ballpark is around $50, give or take. If it works fine, it's not a bad receiver. It's not from the "good" part of Fisher's history, and the 550 watts is bunk, but if you compare it with a $50 Pioneer, or a $50 Kenwood, it'll sound just fine.:yes:

Good garage receiver.
 
That's a bit on the high side, but not by much.

I'd be thinking ballpark is around $50, give or take. If it works fine, it's not a bad receiver. It's not from the "good" part of Fisher's history, and the 550 watts is bunk, but if you compare it with a $50 Pioneer, or a $50 Kenwood, it'll sound just fine.:yes:

Good garage receiver.


$50 is what i would think as well , we had one of these close to it in the family many years ago , it was actually a decent sounding unit & held up well .

we had also owned another version of "sears/fisher" that was a "buy the whole system" deal it was when cd's were 1st starting to hit , the huge problem was you could not run the turntable or cassette without the receiver as you needed to use that as the "power source" as they did not have standard plugs ..... that system in itself was pure junk .
 
There was a Sears receiver by Fisher in the local SA for $29.00 that looked nearly like that one. I passed it up but if it is still there on Tuesday it'll be half off so I might be tempted to pick it up then. $75.00 is to much.
 
Back
Top Bottom