• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Shopping For A New Car...

You bought too soon .

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2006-Packa...ash=item1cb30a17a1:g:sesAAOSwn~JawVHa&vxp=mtr
 
ugh, that thing made a re-appearance. It should be parked next to it's ugly sister

e08cerame1.jpg

e08cerame2.jpg


I saw that in person several years ago at Carlisle. Its just as tacky up close. Mind you I like Edsels and I'm a fan of the Grand Marquis and it's siblings, but the two should never cross.
 
Wow--just WOW--two perfectly good cars ruined...

If Ford/Lincoln would build something like the Town Car/Marauder again, I'd be all over one (if they did it right with a 'Stang drivetrain and some suspension under it).
 
and how many, outside of reading C&D mag, have ever driven on a loop/roadcourse? or even had the chance to?

I guess we are among the few--many moons ago (OK--decades) I was a guest of the Bob Bondurant "driving school" in AZ. I thought I was pretty good, until I actually hit the tracks, and then I got "schooled". It was quite an experience.
 
Hope you bought a lotto ticket or gave thanks as you feel the need to.

Nope--no lotto ticket, but the whole experience (which isn't over yet), has made me believe that there is something else that I need to do before I am "done".I don't want to get anywhere near political or religious in here, but this has been a life-changing experience. I have always said that "tomorrow is promised to no one", and now I live by that. Maybe that is why I am up at 4 am going through invoices and work orders and making sure that my "guys" are all OK.
 
Nope--no lotto ticket, but the whole experience (which isn't over yet), has made me believe that there is something else that I need to do before I am "done".I don't want to get anywhere near political or religious in here, but this has been a life-changing experience. I have always said that "tomorrow is promised to no one", and now I live by that. Maybe that is why I am up at 4 am going through invoices and work orders and making sure that my "guys" are all OK.
what I had meant earlier, is did I perhaps read about you mishap in the local rags? we are almost neighbors and there are few papers left in print. sounded pretty 'sporty' as wrecks go

was this on the highway or one of our back roads?
 
what I had meant earlier, is did I perhaps read about you mishap in the local rags? we are almost neighbors and there are few papers left in print. sounded pretty 'sporty' as wrecks go

was this on the highway or one of our back roads?

Accident was on a state route outside of Pittsburgh. Being 2:30 in the afternoon on a Saturday, I don't think we made the news.I have zero recollection of anything from the first impact until Monday morning in the hospital. No one killed and no significant property damage other than the vehicles. It has been almost 3 months now, and I still don't even have a police report--just a pile of paperwork from insurance companies and bills from the hospital/doctors--pretty much all of which have already been paid by the insurance companies. I just keep forwarding stuff to my attorney and his staff just handles it--no real feedback from him either, so everything must be in order.

I promise to get a couple pics up soon--if it ever actually gets daylight and stops raining like Armageddon. This year has been horrible weather-wise. Being in construction, I have tons of work, but no decent weather to get to some of it. Indoor stuff is all on schedule, but big outdoor stuff is getting pushed back because of how wet it has been. One developer is even considering buying out of his contract because his property is bordering on classification as a flood plane unless remediation (by the county/state) is done. He has got to be taking a huge hit on that.

The car is pretty much what I wanted--a big sedan that has enough "get up and go" to get out of its own way. I could do without some of the "passive/aggressive" safety features, but they are standard. It doesn't ride like an old Town Car, but it doesn't handle like one either. You do get a certain amount of "road feel" riding on 20" rims with 35 and 30 series tires, but a lot more control when slapping 4200lbs into an exit ramp.
 
I know what you mean about the weather..my wife started 200-ish tomato plants and we put some down here and more up there and gave away a crap load. pittsburgh, which has more days with rain than seattle, but heat, we are eating peppers and tomatoes. Up there, they are just starting to fruit and everything went into the ground at the same time. and with summer pretty much broken already up there, I fear there will be almost no production by fall. Last winter was very hard with many wind storms and we lost a lot of tree parts/trees. since the new law calls for letting the deadfall lay forever and do not let natural cleaning fires, the entire CF/ANF areas are primed for a california like fire - if we ever get a drought - which has not happened in 15 years now. so I like to keep all the deadfall off my property but its so wet, I cannot drag anything unless I use the TLB - an atv or garden tractor will get stuck in the muck
 
The NJ pine barrens are in a similar state of fire-prep. Lots of deadfall, no maintenance fires, and no major ones in a very long time. If that ever caught we'd have some serious problems.
 
Wow--just WOW--two perfectly good cars ruined...

If Ford/Lincoln would build something like the Town Car/Marauder again, I'd be all over one (if they did it right with a 'Stang drivetrain and some suspension under it).
I had a great idea for ford - they ignored me - when the marauder was out, bring back a ford version renaming it and re-using the old talledega name...cept it would have lousy modular...surely a 5.8 in a modern SFI trip would suffice...
 
The NJ pine barrens are in a similar state of fire-prep. Lots of deadfall, no maintenance fires, and no major ones in a very long time. If that ever caught we'd have some serious problems.
the little devil guy would be quite put out too!
 
Back
Top Bottom