you will need to pull the fuse out to see which wire goes to it or you will also measure the transformer .
you could go straight to earth at plug or to some other equipment that has an earth already and is plugged in and turned off . it shouldn't do any harm either way .
you might want to put a resistor in series with the earthing wire .highest value you have 1/4 watt should be fine . its better this way in case there is current behind the voltage .
then try volts to earth from chassis again
Peter, you are going to kill me.
I think i found the problem ,( im ashamed with it but...)
I retested the power bar where i was connecting the amp and preamp. And realised that the polarised was inverses indeed.
I took out the power bar and test it into another outlet (a good outlet) and the power bar was OK . (polarized good) .
Tho problem I think it s that the Power bar was conected to the wall outlet via a n ac splitter (I dont know if thats the real name) and this spliter had one outelet with good polarisation , and the other one (unfortunately the one where the power bar was connected) had inversed polarity.
I am uploading a photo of the M@$F#@$!
Tomorrow Im going to try without this splitter and connect the preamp with the amp and see if the box doesnt trips.
Im pretty sure that was the stupid problem. I didnt realised it first because I tried it before with another power bar , and y think in that time it was pluged in the right (polarised) side of the splitter. So it work good. But when i rearranged
The shelves to make it neat , i think i could change the place of the power bar to the inversed polarised one.
I feel so stupid!
But I hope at last that this was the problem.
Tomorrow we will know for sure.
Thanks for the help