• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Should I grab these HPM-60's?

Register to hide this ad
Yes, you should. The parts are worth that much.

I actually prefer this 10" woofer used in the HPM40 and HPM60 to the 12" used in the HPM100.

I Econwave'd a pair of HPM40s and for the moment they are my main speaker and I am quite impressed.

Those would be gone in a second down here at that price.
 
You could do a lot worse... you could do a lot better, too. I grabbed a pair of those at GW for $20, but they need some new drivers - tears in the mids. Cabs are good. They'd be a long term project to repair and veneer. I like the 100s I had, and the 40s as well. I should really get to work on some of these speakers...
 
Excellent condition HPM-60's for $75? I'd grab those immediately.

No kidding. It's just silly to say that's not an incredible deal by any measure. Mint ones sell on eBay for much more, and you could part them out for much more. But more importantly, you would be VERY hard pressed to find better sound for $75.
 
HPM 60s have anchored my rock room for a few years now. Many other speakers have come and gone, but these will stay where they are. Now, if I could just find some grills for them...
 
I picked them up after he reposted the ad again....
I am happy even though he wouldn't move on the price. They are very close if not 9/10 with grills and original risers! Pics to come..
 
I picked them up after he reposted the ad again....
I am happy even though he wouldn't move on the price. They are very close if not 9/10 with grills and original risers! Pics to come..

I'm glad you did pick them up! I had been looking at that same ad, but since I'm moving at the end of the month, I just don't have space for them right now. I'm happy for you! :tresbon:
 
Pics! They sound great!
attachment.php

attachment.php
 

Attachments

  • pp.jpg
    pp.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 69
  • ppp.jpg
    ppp.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 69
I have listened to them for a while. Definitely a JBL sound, which makes sense I suppose. Much better than I was expecting, considering they are a mid-line speaker. I could recap them, but I probably won't bother as they sound very good already and would only be a marginal improvement. Thanks for the support guys! BTW yes, the stands were included with the asking price and the seller says they are original to the speakers when he bought them. Survivor speakers!
 
Back
Top Bottom