• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Show me your HORNS!!!

1007539uw.jpg


10076111.jpg


My new round tractrix horn
 
Beauhorns Virtuoso

A recently remodeled dedicated listening for the Beauhorns. I bought the speakers over a year ago and they were residing in the living room for storage, never mind tryng to hook them up for a listen:WAF issue :no:

 

Attachments

  • IMGP1042.jpg
    IMGP1042.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 161
Waf Factor??

I couldn't really understand the problems about that for such small and nice lookers!

My wife with I am happily Married for over 33 years could not understand either why?
If you look at our Horn-system where she is happy with and never want to chance because of the more than great listening pleasure.

Kind regards,
Adriaan (NL)
 
attachment.php
attachment.php
Here's mine. Once the weather warms up I'm in hopes of lugging them outside to fill the backyard with tunes. First thing though is to get them listenable. I found out quickly that an eq is essential to these old school peaveys.
 

Attachments

  • horns 001.jpg
    horns 001.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 129
  • horns 002.jpg
    horns 002.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 79
WAF factor

I couldn't really understand the problems about that for such small and nice lookers!

My wife with I am happily Married for over 33 years could not understand either why?
If you look at our Horn-system where she is happy with and never want to chance because of the more than great listening pleasure.

Kind regards,
Adriaan (NL)

The living room and dinning room belong to her, I had the Beauhorns parked there while the dedicated listening room was being completed. 95% finished and took a snails pace of a year.

She was a good sport for letting the Beauhorns reside there for a year while she explained to everyone who stopped by why the speakers are in the living room.
 
Thats better!

We do not have the luxury or the space of a separate listening-room, then was it worth waiting for the completion of yours!

We have an living-room space from only 25 x 13 feet :tears:

The living room and dinning room belong to her, I had the Beauhorns parked there while the dedicated listening room was being completed. 95% finished and took a snails pace of a year.

She was a good sport for letting the Beauhorns reside there for a year while she explained to everyone who stopped by why the speakers are in the living room.
 
listening space

We do not have the luxury or the space of a separate listening-room, then was it worth waiting for the completion of yours!

We have a living-room space from only 25 x 13 feet :tears:

Worth the wait? Absolutely. If you get an opportunity to have a dedicated room, do it, even a small room will have very pleasing results. The room is 20' by 18' and the Beauhorns need the space. They appear to have a WAF friendly footprint but not really, The cabinet is 27" deep and they need room to do their single driver magic.

There was no way she was allowing the speakers hooked up in the living room:nono:, maybe a good decision on her part.
 
Actually the Frugals are completed. I've now built 2 pair and used Fostex FE-126en drivers. I like the high efficiency of these drivers to pair with flea power SET amps.
 
Back
Top Bottom