• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Show us your Realistic (Radio Shack) stuff

Just a few items in my collection.
All stock photos borrowed from interwebs:

(my Nova 8Bs have a silk dome tweeter from Radio Shack circa 1989. They're connected to a Marantz 2230. Using it to listen to some 1960's-era RTR tapes)

Realistic_Nova_8B_Stereo_Speakers_web.jpg


(I have Min 7s in this color with black grille, two sets in black, one set in white , one set in silver and one set in Walnut)
realisticminimus71.jpg


(got from a fellow AK'er)
Realistic_STA-78_Potter.jpg
 
I have a beautiful STA-2200 but the damn pre-amp push buttons need attention.

For example I only get both channels when I have it in Mono mode right now.

When tested with a pre-amp it works fine... aarghh
 
Shure made phono cartridges for them. I am sure a lot of bid wars were going on and equipment was built to spec and price points by the lowest bidder. Lots of good stuff out there if you do not mind the name.

Dont forget Stanton and ADC. I remember years ago seeing these carts in Radio Shack.
 
Kenwood and Pioneer made most of their amplifiers/receivers and TT's. Technics is rumored to have made some of their TT's also. Aiwa/Sony made most of their cassette decks. I am not sure who made their speaker systems

Pioneer made just about all their receivers from the late 80's and on. Kenwood never made stuff for RS.
 
picked up a very nice sta-65c and a pair of electrostat 2a's today, i've been looking at this set up at the local flee for over two years now and finally made an offer and he took it, i do kinda know the guy as i've bought other stuff from him in the past, he said i could bring it back if it has issues, but it seams to be working great, came with an original owners manual as well, also i included a pic of some of my other classic shack receivers.........:D
 

Attachments

  • DSCF0064.jpg
    DSCF0064.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 174
  • DSCF0065.jpg
    DSCF0065.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 163
  • DSCF0066.jpg
    DSCF0066.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 136
  • DSCF0067.jpg
    DSCF0067.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 150
  • DSCF0069.jpg
    DSCF0069.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 200
I was given a Realistic LAB-290 TT that is made in Japan by CEC in the early 1980's I have looked everywhere(vinylengine etc) for a owners manual for over hang info etc and a service manual. The cart a R47-EDT that is a Shure M75ED from what I have read. I just purchased a EVG/Jico 760-DED elliptical stylus.....waiting on it to arrive and a new belt. I need the over hang info...anyone have one of these TT......PLEASE help. I posted a new thread in the TT section with zero results. This TT is for my grand daughter as she likes my spinning vinyl too. Thanks
Louis
 
I have a few pieces left, my bigger units left for greener grass a long time back.

Currently in actual use, I have my STA-19 with Optimus Pro LX4 speakers as a simple playback unit to my sony MXP-210 8-channel mixer. I use it with my recording computer through an Audio Science ASI5200 audio card.

20141101_165406.jpg


20141101_165414.jpg
 
got my sta-65b back from repair guy yesterday, so i have a little more wrapped up in this one than many others, but i just like this model............:thmbsp:
 

Attachments

  • DSCF0077.jpg
    DSCF0077.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 107
got my sta-820 back up and running, had two bad amp fuses, replaced them and all's good again, well except for my sucky pic, time for a new camera, but i'm happy to have the 820 jammin again.................:thmbsp:
 

Attachments

  • DSCF0054.jpg
    DSCF0054.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 122
Found this quad QTA-750 yesterday for one of my first pieces. Deox'd the thing and hooked it up to a pair of B&W v202 bookshelves.
 

Attachments

  • uploadfromtaptalk1415020871828.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1415020871828.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 126
  • uploadfromtaptalk1415020912169.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1415020912169.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 97
Back
Top Bottom