• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Show us your Realistic (Radio Shack) stuff

I recently picked up a pair of Nova-8B's. They're now awaiting the Videolady mod, but still sound very nice as is. I'm always amazed at how well the surrounds hold up on the Nova/Optimus line of speakers from the 70's.

attachment.php
 

Attachments

  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 635
Last edited:
And More.................









I think there are 1 or 2 more pieces around here somewhere I have a look later.

Mark
 
I recently picked up a pair of Nova-8B's. They're now awaiting the Videolady mod, but still sound very nice as is. I'm always amazed at how well the surrounds hold up on the Nova/Optimus line of speakers from the 70's.

I've had a set of these for 25+ years and they're now hooked up to a certain Realistic STA-78.
Excellent combo for rockin' out!
 
I've had a set of these for 25+ years and they're now hooked up to a certain Realistic STA-78.
Excellent combo for rockin' out!

Indeed. And the STA-78 is quite the looker IMHO.

I've downsized to just the STA-20, 82, 150 and 2080. The 20 and 82 are sitting in my office at work (both used daily), the 150 is used in the garage, and the 2080 is in my main rack and splits duty with a Fisher X-100-B tube amp. Though I'm still lusting after a STA-2100 and a pair of T-300's or Mach's.
 
wow!, t-300's........:thmbsp:, i've been looking for a set for quite a while now with no success.............

Eventually I will come into possession of another pair and a Realistic 21something receiver (I can't remember the whole model #)

Mark
 
Realistic_Cassiever_01.jpg

Sorry for the mis-focused photo. I think this is a "Modulette 939" Realistic cassiever. Bought the summer prior to my first year at "trade school". Gave it to my father when I bought a JVC receiver and a Sharp cassette deck during the second year.

Dear Old Dad still has it, and it still works.

I've got several sets of RS interconnects, from the Mexico era. I quit buying them when they switch to Chinese manufacture.

Of course, there's an RS sound level meter, too. I even have an RS microwave detector, for inspecting leaky microwave ovens.
 
I love my minty STA-90. It sounds as good as any mid powered receiver I have heard from that era and looks great too :thmbsp:.

picture.php
 
Realistic Carnival Model 203. Can't find much info about it but it's cute as a button none the less.

FrontView_zps9be0c18e.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
 
Realistic Carnival Model 203. Can't find much info about it but it's cute as a button none the less.

FrontView_zps9be0c18e.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

wow!, first one of those i've seen other than in my 1963 shack catalog, it can be found on page 82, predecessor to the mini systems they sold later on, sa101, sa102 ect..............:thmbsp:
 
I've got loads of Radio Shack gear.Thanks for sharing guys.

I lost interest of RS when they got involve with cell phones and dumping their classic name brands.
 
Back
Top Bottom