• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Show us your Technics stuff

Here's my 700 which in the rotation now. I use my SL-1200 mkII for albums in other room in basement, and an M-45 deck just for some playback. I also have the 7300 amp/tuner waiting to get rotated in for a room.
 

Attachments

  • Technics SA-700.JPG
    Technics SA-700.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_5155.JPG
    IMG_5155.JPG
    33.9 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_E1157.JPG
    IMG_E1157.JPG
    64 KB · Views: 41
My SA - 300 Reciever hooked up to some Polk Monitor 10’s. The reciever was a steeal on eBay.
 

Attachments

  • 37D45B5A-2D5D-4A9C-8B99-DD50811D73A2.jpeg
    37D45B5A-2D5D-4A9C-8B99-DD50811D73A2.jpeg
    33.4 KB · Views: 23
Nice receiver, this SA-600. And rare!

I today restored this little thing back to life. Simple, but nice.

1NEMjbR.jpg
 
Nothing much but I found this little SA-937 receiver, paid way too much for it as far as thrift stores go, $39. I couldn't pass it up though, I've become somewhat a fan of the 80 Technics stuff, it's getting harder to find. I haven't tested it or tried it out but it's kind of heavy and seems to be made pretty well. Does anybody here have one of these, how does it sound?
8IQbEEy.jpg
 
What is totally restored? They are nice units.

I did not "totally" restore it. I replaced the darlington power packs - STK-0025 - and readjusted the FM unit. It did play FM, but not as good as possible and not in stereo. That is solved now.

But there is a complete restoration on the program now; a Technics SU-8099. These are great!

N828Lvb.jpg
 
I've got a collection of oldskool solid state Technics gear

- Technics SU9600 (control center) (living room)
- Technics SE9600 (power amp) (living room)
- Technics RS678 (cassette deck)
- Technics RS9900 (tape transport + control + cables)
- Technics SU9070 (4x) (pre amp)
- Technics ST9030 (2x) (tuner)
- Technics SH9010 (3x) (EQ)
- Technics SH9020 (Peak/Average meter)
- Technics SE9060 (power amp)
- Technics SB E-100 (2 pairs, 1 for the listening room and 1 in the living room)
- Technics RS1500 (R2R)
- Technics SL1000MKII (turntable) (times 2)
- Technics SP10 (turntable)
- Technics SL10 (turntable)
- Technics SL10 (turntable)
- Technics SL110 met Series III (turntable)
- Technics SP12 (turntable)
- Technics SL120 met SME 3009 improved (turntable)
- Technics SL1200 (turntable)
- Technics SL-P1200 (cd player)



20180114-183140.jpg

56899684-831687477186431-3029544998589693952-n.jpg

IMG-0315.jpg

IMG-0314.jpg

IMG-20190215-122852.jpg

IMG-20190309-140253.jpg

IMG-20190308-154226.jpg
 
Last edited:
I've got a collection of oldskool solid state Technics gear

- Technics SU9600 (control center) (living room)
- Technics SE9600 (power amp) (living room)
- Technics RS678 (cassette deck)
- Technics RS9900 (tape transport + control + cables)
- Technics SU9070 (4x) (pre amp)
- Technics ST9030 (2x) (tuner)
- Technics SH9010 (3x) (EQ)
- Technics SH9020 (Peak/Average meter)
- Technics SE9060 (power amp)
- Technics SB E-100 (2 pairs, 1 for the listening room and 1 in the living room)
- Technics RS1500 (R2R)
- Technics SL1000MKII (turntable) (times 2)
- Technics SP10 (turntable)
- Technics SL10 (turntable)
- Technics SL10 (turntable)
- Technics SL110 met Series III (turntable)
- Technics SP12 (turntable)
- Technics SL120 met SME 3009 improved (turntable)
- Technics SL1200 (turntable)
- Technics SL-P1200 (cd player)



20180114-183140.jpg

56899684-831687477186431-3029544998589693952-n.jpg

IMG-0315.jpg

IMG-0314.jpg

IMG-20190215-122852.jpg

IMG-20190309-140253.jpg

IMG-20190308-154226.jpg

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown: :thumbsup::thumbsup:
 
Hey All, newbie here and this is my very first post so I am not even sure if this is the right place to ask this question. I got a Technics SE-A1010 amp from my dad. He was praising the amp, based on the parts used and the spec but I don't think he ever heard it on good speakers and I also don't have the right speakers to try it out with. It is a bit difficult to find info on this exact amp, most of the reviews are about the earlier A100..etc. models and there are a few on ebay going for silly money. What are some good speakers to pair it with (it is 4ohms minimum)? What would be the matching price bracket for the speakers? Do any of you have experience with this exact model? Is it worth keeping it and building a system around it or I am better off selling it and starting from scratch?
https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?media/img-20190626-wa0002.19349/
 
A rare find here a PA suffix V4X - time capsule.... and the rare on this line green new class A decal

This had been in its box the whole time.... and not a speck of dust in it.... if I had the coin... I’d have bought the tuner the seller had too...

View attachment 1553890 View attachment 1553891 View attachment 1553892 View attachment 1553893
I want that. Was it expensive? Looks awesome! I saw an SU-V2X on the Bay site for sale but it only had the safety operation light on, indicating that it was not running properly at all. That unit looks pristine.
 
Ritter Tamás

You got a nice Technics amplifier, it is definitely worth keeping as far as I am concerned. Modern amplifiers rarely match or come close to the specs of Technics amplifier and if they do, they cost a fortune. If you decide to sell your Technics SE-A1010, you will discover the money you get for this will only buy an inferior amplifier at best. As you already discovered Technics amplifiers have become a bit of collectors item. Are wondering why ? :D
Find out and build a system around it ! I don't have experience with the exact model you have, but I do with the SE-A5 and SE-A7. These amplifiers manly differ by power, yet I have not managed to reach the power limit of the SE-A7.
As far for speakers, depending on how much money you are willing to spend, look for speakers that are specd to well beyond 20kHz to get the full enjoyment of this amplifier. If I may suggest, have a look at ZUAudio's Dirty Weekend MKII, they are quite nice speakers and sound fantastic with a Technics SE-A7, they are specd 12 Ohm, they will work fine as they do not load the amplifier as bad as a 4 Ohm speaker does, I would avoid 4 Ohm speakers. Despite 12 Ohm they are very loud yet crystal clear on an 8 Ohm amplifier such as the SE-A7. My friend has them and if I did not have my Pioneer DSS-7 I would be rushing to get the Dirty Omens.

https://www.zuaudio.com/loudspeakers/omen-dirty-weekend-2

They make a great combo with any Technics amplifier. There are very other good speakers such as passive ADAM Audio, Canton, PMC and many others.

just my 2 cent
 
I want that. Was it expensive? Looks awesome! I saw an SU-V2X on the Bay site for sale but it only had the safety operation light on, indicating that it was not running properly at all. That unit looks pristine.

The geese then were in flight
The seller had it listed as a SU-V98 - no clue why.
Had some absolute goose ramp up bidding price and then retract their bid... then later tried to re bid to no avail......
So cost 244USD (well worthwhile in that time capsule condition)

I got it here, switched voltage selector to 240V and powered it up n took a few pics... then later hooked it up to a SL-Q3 t/t and SB-X500 speakers.... was sublime!
Since have put it safely back in its box!

—-
As for the V2X you mentioned, the seller most likely turned it on and took pics.... - 14 seconds after safety light is steady / relay click, it stays in preheat then the green “Auto” light comes on
 
Hey All, newbie here and this is my very first post so I am not even sure if this is the right place to ask this question. I got a Technics SE-A1010 amp from my dad. He was praising the amp, based on the parts used and the spec but I don't think he ever heard it on good speakers and I also don't have the right speakers to try it out with. It is a bit difficult to find info on this exact amp, most of the reviews are about the earlier A100..etc. models and there are a few on ebay going for silly money. What are some good speakers to pair it with (it is 4ohms minimum)? What would be the matching price bracket for the speakers? Do any of you have experience with this exact model? Is it worth keeping it and building a system around it or I am better off selling it and starting from scratch?
https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?media/img-20190626-wa0002.19349/

Hi, I have the SE-A1000, SE-A2000 and the SE-A3000 and would recommend you look for an efficient speaker of above 90db sensitivity given what you have. I would also suggest a nice two or three way speaker with an impedance of 8 ohms and a power handling capacity of 100W. This should be just right for the 1010. Budget wise I would be looking at a nice second hand pair of speakers in the £300-£400 range. You would need a pre amplifier and a source (CD player, Turntable etc) but you could look at streamers which have a pre amp built in. Let us know how you get on. Cheers.
 
Back
Top Bottom